• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

Okay, day 4 on Gleevec, and my hemorrhoids are killing me.  I usually do sitz baths to help with those.  Has anyone used them to to allieve Gleevec-related butt irritation?  Do you add anything to the bath, like baking soda or oatmeal?  We're driving to VA (about 10-12 hrs) and I don't want my butt to be baboon-red!

Thanks,

Traci

#2 HeatherZ

HeatherZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

I find Tucks to be mst effective to relieve the burning sensation.  I also like Anti Monkey Butt powder - it is soothing and very effective at keeping the area dry.  The woman's Anti Monkey Butt (pink bottle)works better for the tush than the men's does.  Although I am sure you could get the same results from another powder it is just really cool to say you use Anti Monkey Butt.  Besides, buying powder for your heiney at the hardware store - who wouldn't love that?

Heather

#3 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

Dear Traci,

Prep H  and tucks helped me a lot. I think there are a couple prescriptions for cream and suppositorys also. Ask your pcp.

Billie

#4 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

Anti-Monkey Butt powder? Separated for men or women? Really? I gotta get out more!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#5 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

Dear Pat,

I'm with you when those little buggers flair up I would put a monkey butt against mine what ever works. I don't think that would be a good time to leave the house right then.

Unless you had rickets as a child.                                            Billie

#6 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:10 PM

Dear Traci

You might have started something you never know where this crew is going.

#7 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

Hi Traci,

Not sure about the hemorrhoids, but start taking some probiotics which will help with any intestinal issues contributing to this.

Gerry

#8 HeatherZ

HeatherZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

Pat - check out the website - the commercials they have on there are funny.  They also have a page on facebook.  I bought some for my husband last year when he was running with the team in training.  They have the regular, the womans, powder for babies, and also diaper rash cream.  The logo is a monkey with a huge red butt.

#9 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:40 PM

Monkey-butt powder works great for long motorcycle rides.  We use it all the time on our road trips.  I highly recommend it.  Sounds like we may be heading back toward that extremely hilarious thread from awhile back.  

#10 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

Holy cow!  Anti-monkey butt is real?  I thought you guys were putting me on!  I'll have to go check it out.

Traci

#11 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

Also try the Anti Gorilla Anus Pressure Washer with optional female blow dryer attachment.

#12 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

If that has any sort of relationship to gorilla glue. . .DO NOT USE IT. . .something will be stuck to something forever!!!  And now I'm scared of the SheWee female adaptor hose, too.

Traci. . .for what it's worth. . do not try to apply monkey-butt powder in a low-profile tent.  It DOES NOT WORK.  I have monkey--butt powder all over the floor of my tent to prove it.

#13 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

Also heed the warning to not apply anti-redass butt powder during a gas episode.  It can create an explosive mixture of powder and methane.  Inside a tent would be like a silo explosion -- nothing butt rubble would be left:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NCH_KV-EHiI

#14 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

I can't top(ple) that. I vow never to use anti-redass butt powder (especially when I'm in a silo).

#15 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

OMG, Heather, how have I missed that!? Thanks for the link. I thought you might be having us on, too! 

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#16 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:56 PM

Hi Trey,

Tell Traci about sharts. Nobody explains that better than you.

Billie

#17 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

Actually, I already found that post and have already checked my pants a few times, just in case!  

Traci

#18 SunNsand

SunNsand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

Wowzers, Tucks are tortuous for me, they feel like acid on my skin. Probiotics helped, vaseline helped for calming. My Dr. said to "keep the area clean but don't over clean because that adds to the irratation". I suppose there's a happy medium there somewhere. I did notice my diet was part of my problem. I watch the dairy products, they make it worse for me. Hope you can find some useful tips here in some of these posts, I know it can be pretty uncomfortable.

SunNsand

#19 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

Dear SunNsand,

So far monkey butt sounds the best to me!

#20 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

Oh, you said "sitz" baths....misread it.....sorry.....never mind.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users