Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWilloughby oh

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

Good Morning,

Well I went on Tasigna and in 3 days and I got Pancreatitis, and man is that a painful thing. It's like the spleen pain only maybe a little worst. I didn't go to the doctor immediately thinking it was side effects since abdominal pain, and back ache was listed. I won't do that again. I guess my enzymes were pretty high!  I was out of work the whole week but I did loose 10# that was the good news. So I go back to the doctor Tuesday and he is deciding what the next plan of action is. If he should put me on a lower dose or go to the next drug. I became resistant to Gleevec about a month or so ago. And I did get my first break in medicine for a whole week even though I was so sick I still felt better. I can't believe the hair sensitivity it really hurts but of coarse that was the first week, fatigue and leg pain.

So the adventure continues. 

Cathy

Cathy

DX 5-2010  Started normal hydra then Gleevec for 9 months stopped working

Tasigna after 5 pills pancreatis  numbers jumped up quickly

Started Sprycel 100, 8-2010  for a 3 years went down to 50 mg numbers at one point really jumped up quickly

currently on 70 mg for last 2-3 years trying to get onc to reduce dose Numbers never stabilize never MMR till 4-2017 bearly and jump up and down in and out of MMR stayed MMR for 3 months then

After 6 years on sprycel fluid on both lungs, drained still have some fluid on lungs, and currently off drug 4 months now

numbers lower then ever go figure I've never been this low of a number 

last 2 tests .0686 and .0181 !!

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

I would try half dosage Tasigna first if the Onc agrees.

#3 PaulB

PaulB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

I'm on a 3/4 dose of Tasigna because of liver issues and I have responded well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users