• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mck_001

mck_001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

I achieved CCyR in November and my biopsy from Mar showed I'm back up to 5%.  My PCR "allegedly" decreased though from 1.87 to 1.14.  Since trends are what confirm accuracy of PCRs, who knows if I just had a straggler PH+ cell in the FISH or if I had a faulty PCR or if in Nov, they just happened to grab against the odds 20 cells that weren't PH+ back in November.

Who knows...I'm not horribly upset...just bummed that I'm not an "overachiever" on this journey.  I asked Dr Cortes about going back up from 70mg Sprycel to 100mg, but he doesn't think my counts are high enough to try it again since I was so low on 100mg last time and am still pretty low on 70mg....he also is ok to sit tight and see what the next biopsy in June shows, too and doesn't think this is cause to sound the alarms.

Just wanted to fill you in on my journey and welcome any input, even though I'm not too active over here. 

#2 VickiW

VickiW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationnorthwoods

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

Evening MK!

I understand your bumming out.  Went thru a similar thing just recently.  Finally after trying since spring 2007 (and 2 different drugs) I hit PCRU in late September, YEA!!!!! Lost PCRU in December, BUMMER! Six weeks later, (and a lot of sweating "has the Sprycel failed now too?") back to "almost there" then finally in March on the actual anniversary of my dxd, PCRU again, YEA!!!

Hang in there, I am believing you will make it thru the rapids too and get back to smooth sailing!

Vicki

Dxd 2007

started on Gleevec switched to Sprycel 100mg in 2009

PCRU since 2011

20mg Sprycel every other day since Dec. 2014

Began TFR 4-18-16

#3 HeatherZ

HeatherZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

Hang in there MK.  I know how it feels to be frustrated.  I hear somany people on here hitting PCRU fairly quickly and I have been taking G for over a year and not hit it.  I did finally see a 3 log reduction But anyway, hang in there and know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Heather

#4 cometbro

cometbro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

Hey MK, I saw the last paragraph hanging from a wall at a previous job.  I still don't know the author, but that last paragraph ALWAYS gets me.

Author unknown (to me at least)

"""

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit...
Rest if you must-but don't quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he thought he might've stuck it out.
Don't give up, though the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late, when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems afar.
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things go wrong
That you musn't quit.

"""

#5 mck_001

mck_001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:39 AM

Thanks you guys!  I'm grateful I feel good and am not having such bad side effects like I was in December!  Annoyed that I took a step backward, but pressing forward and onward!  Thankful for Christ in my life during times like this because it's evident that He fills me with peace that is not my own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users