• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rickpister

rickpister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

Saw this touching story (http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6287495) on ESPN today.  A young woman with AML recently succumbed to this wretched disease.  While this is not an AML board, I think it's worth noting the media attention to get more bone marrow donors seems to be increasing.  I even heard something about it on the Howard Stern Show.

#2 ncook

ncook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

HI Rick!  I long time board surfer who lost my mother to AML.  I've been following Mandi's story from the beginning. Yes, truly inspirational women she was!  I had just shared the article here too:)

hugs, nicole

#3 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:52 AM

Nicole,

I've followed your posts for over 2 years and I understand how much you miss your mom. I lost my mom to lung cancer 22 years ago and I miss her everyday.

I'm not sad any longer, though, I'm able to focus on the good things. It gets easier, but it never goes away.

Thinking of you,

Pat

P. S. What a great photo! Is that you and your mom?

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users