• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cpsn0000

cpsn0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:02 PM

Hello all. It appears after going on week #7 of being off Tasigna, I will finally get to start Sprycel hopefully sometime this week or by next week at the latest. My counts have taking some time to recover after being on Tasigna and they may even put me on 20mg to start instead of 50mg and eventually move me up to 50mg depending on how things go with Sprycel.

Here is the kicker. My doc wants to do another BMB to make sure my cml hasn't progressed with being off the meds for 6 weeks before starting the low dose of Sprycel but can't the PCR and Fish test done through a blood draw be done instead of the BMB?

My last pcr and bmb was done in late December and showed pcr value of .009027....My bmb report back in late December was stated by my doctors that I was firmly in chronic phase....Granted, I started with a doctor from one hospital and now am working with same doctor but through my local office which is affiliated with the main cancer hospital in Houston, which is MD Anderson...

Thoughts on this?

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

A BMB is a very conservative approach.  A PCR would likely be fine.  But I would personally do what the Onc wants since it is not that unusual of an approach unless you cannot stand having a BMB.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users