• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 knation

knation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

I will be starting a local CML connection group in Oregon and possibly the NW Washington area. Any CMLers out there in my area? Know of someone? Know of a way for me to connect with CMLers in my area? Any help would be great =) Thank you!

Kayla

#2 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:35 PM

Well, I am in Tacoma.  Does that count?

Caroline

#3 knation

knation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

Caroline, I have only heard from one other guy from this post and he is actually in Washington as well - Seattle. He comes to Portland for treatment at OHSU every so often.
I am in the very beginning stages of working with NCMLS to get an Oregon local connection group going. Right now I'm just trying to find anyone out there locally and then go from there. I looked at the NCMLS website (nationalcmlsociety.org) to see if there was anything organized for Washington yet and it does not look like there is. I am sure if we started a group up here that anyone from Washington would be more than welcome to join meetings. Either way it's personally always nice to hear from another "cmler". If anything new develops I can contact you if you'd like.

Take care, Kayla

#4 threedprof

threedprof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

I'm in Eugene Oregon, If that helps  Joel

#5 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

Great, I know there are more of us here, maybe just not on this list......

Caroline

#6 knation

knation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:47 PM

Okay thanks Joel! I will keep you updated as soon as things start coming together. It will be awhile before a "meeting" comes together but finding people 1st is the hard part. Another Oregonian... I knew you were out there .

#7 gark

gark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

Sorry i didn't even notice this!  i am in Portland, Oregon and i see Dr. Michael Mauro at OHSU.  i am not online that often, but let me know what you are doing.  I can't guarantee i will participate a great deal due to being very busy with work, but, still, keep me posted.

-Mark

#8 knation

knation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:57 PM

Mark, thank you! I will keep you posted for sure. Dr. Mauro is my doc as well... great guy! I'll be sure to email everyone as soon as something starts coming together. I have a lot going on right now with the baby due soon and my "treatment" all unstable right now. But I am hoping that within a few months something will be planned... I am still getting the ball rolling through NCMLS. Like I said before, the hard part is finding the local CMLers out there to be able to communicate with when the time comes =).

Also Mark this won't be a big time commitment thing, NCMLS only anticipates me organizing 4 or so meetings per year for Oregon. You are not obligated to any of it of course =).  I think some great connections could come out of it though.

Thanks so much for your response! Take care! -Kayla

#9 gark

gark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:15 AM

Great to hear back from you!  So glad we have the same doc.  No, it would be great to connect with others.  The last five years have been kinda lonely.  I had a lot of dtruggles the first 2 years, with not responding well to tretment, as well as side effects.  Good luck with your soon to be born little one, and please let me know if there is anything I can help with.

-Mark

#10 knation

knation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:20 PM

Hey everyone! I have an email composed for my contacts in Oregon (and the few washington people that want to be involved). Please email me at knation@nationalcmlsociety.orgwith your name attached and I will forward the email to you. Or somehow get your contact info to me so that I can organize all my contacts in this group email.

Thank you very much! Excited to get things going.

Kayla Nation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users