1 reply to this topic

#1 HPL

HPL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:34 AM

Hi all,

I haven't posted too many updates on the trial, but I just had my 18 month PCR done, and I continue to be weak positive. It has been that way for the last 4.5 months, or 3 PCR tests. While it would be great to be PCRU of course, I'll take slow and steady at this point. I continue on the 60 mg dosage, since I am part of Phase 1. For those who don't remember, I failed Gleevec and Sprycel and subsequently found out that I have the T315I mutation.

I did have Monosomy 7 and Monosomy 11 show up, but the Monosomy 7 went down drastically last time. I'm hoping it's completely gone from Fish this time. There is little clinical evidence that the Monosomy 11 is of any concern, where as Monosomy 7 can develop into MDS or even AML. But my doctors assure me that it's extremely rare for that to happen. There is no evidence that the drug brought this on, instead it may be a reflection of my true self. But in Dr. Mauro's words, "here today, gone tomorrow makes this likely a transient condition".

Just want to let all of you know that the drug continues to show the promise that we all hope for.

Regards,

Hans

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

Congratulations, Han, that is very good news indeed!

I consider PCRU icing on the cake. Since it is not a realistic goal for everyone I am content with MMR!

Good luck and best wishes for your continued success!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users