Pancreatic cancer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:35 AM

To all my friends on this site,

I am just devasted I have a young couple who live next store to me. They are close to my daughters age.44 or 45 they have 3 children all still living at home. Both boys graduated in the last 2 years and a daughter 16 years old.  They are the most polite couple I have ever had the pleasure to meet. And their children are just wonderful they have been so respectful all their lives. You just don't have the privilage to meet such a lovely family in this day and age.

He has just been diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer. They have been flying all over for different opinions they decided on getting his treatments in Philadelphia.

Which I know is a very good decision. They were going to start chemo on him this week but he had a high wbc. Which he didn't understand. So he is going to start chemo next Monday.I am really ready to lose it. Can someone please tell me of some encouraging site like ours that isn't morbid  but has a discussion site like ours.

To help him.He's going right into chemo. It sure would help to be able to prepare him what he is in for.

His wife is like a daughter to me she is a total wreck. How can I comfort her ? I just have to help them some way.

love Billie

#2 HPL

HPL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

Hi Billie,

I am soo sorry to hear the diagnosis of your neighboors. The reason I am responding, is that I have had some experience with that same diagnosis. In August of 2010, my father (age 74) was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer, stage 4 as well. He has been receiving treatment at University of Penn, and he is extremely impressed with the doctors and the staff there. They are doing a drug study there, that is a combination of 2 existing drugs. If he doesn't quality for surgury (which is usually first choice), then he would have something like that available there.

Best wishes, my heart goes out to them.

Regards,

Hans

#3 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

Dear Billie,

One of my good friend's mother was treated for advanced pancreatic cancer.  Four years later, she is still in remission, running around and taking care of her grandchildren while my friend works full-time.  I wish the best for your neighbor and his wife.

Please take care,

Tedsey

#4 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:04 AM

Dear Tedsey,

Thank you for the information, Mark and his wife Lisa go to philadelphia Monday and they will start his treatments. You and Hans have made me feel a lot better. I believe in miracles i've had a few. I have to stop dwelling on it so much. I have been having some pretty bad days and if I can help them I better get my act together. It's so hard their driveway faces our house and I see their kids coming and going. My heart breaks for them. And Lisa his wife is trying so hard to be strong. I wish I knew what to say to help comfort her but there aren't any words right now.

LOL BILLIE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users