2 replies to this topic

#1 mck_001

mck_001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:34 AM

Still waiting for cytogenics....

August 2010: began sprycel at 100mg daily (unreliable PCR at diagnosis / FISH 90%)

November 2010: PCR 1.87 / achieved CCyR

December 2010: 3 week drug break / lowered dose to 70mg daily

March 2011: PCR 1.14 / pending cytogenics

Initially, I was really disappointed that I hadn't moved farther down.  I was hoping for something more significant...like PCR UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

But, I am glad my result is going the right direction, even on the much more tolerable lower dose, and trying to remember I have to watch trends not just one result.

#2 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

Hey MK,

Glad to see numbers going down!  Hang in there.  My last PCR number was 1.3 (something), very close to yours.  And I have been dx over a year, so you are going at light speed compared to me.  And I also did not have a quantifiable PCR at dx.  Same boat.  Although this is NOT very scientific, my logic says, since we were both dx with very high WBC, it will take a little longer for the leukemic cells to become outnumbered by the heathy ones!  I am hanging with ya.  My next PCR is April 6th.  Uggggggh!

Anyway, I just got a call about 20 min. ago.  I had an abnormal pap.  I also have a thick uterus, so I am already scheduled for an ultrasound next week.  Now I am scheduled for a biopsy a week after my oncology appt. in April.  How did I get so unhealthy!!!!!!  So much for the protection from some cancers by having a baby, and breastfeeding reducing other risks.  (I am still putting off that mammogram--just cannot handle more bad news right now--I have to even get a biopsy done on my tongue today).  So, all the info out there about what will "protect you from cancer" is a total crock along with what foods will keep you cancer-free.  You were a marathon runner, I was a swimmer, we worked out, were veggies, no drugs, no smoking.  I am all for health is just luck or we got dealt a really bad hand of genes.  I'll keep you posted if this all turns out to be nothing.

Hugs,

Teds

P.S.  I am going to put out there that these "abnormal" cells are prob. related to the CML.  I just read that there may be link between abnormal paps with ALL and CLL.  In one woman, (albeit, a 70 yr old), it looked liked advanced dysplasia, but upon closer look, it turned out to be the leukemia presenting like cervical cancer.  Crazy man.  And I have become a cantankerous old lady, early.  Why not? I feel like my life is somewhat fast-forwarded to being elderly now.  

#3 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

Hi Teds,

Make sure you keep us posted if this turns out to be something as well - we might not be able to do to much other than listen and sympathize, but hopefully it might help in a small way.

Gerry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users