3 replies to this topic

#1 CDW

CDW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

Hey all,

recent appt with the onc showed my AST and ALT values are creeping up. AST is about 10% higher than normal upper limit range, ALT is twice upper normal limit. i'm hopeful it won't get to three times UNL as my onc informed me that's when my liver toxicity is considered too great. my question is: has anyone else experienced this on tasigna? i'm taking 150mg twice a day for the last 4 months since dx.

I've read some people are given a break to let the liver recover, could the dose be lowered for similar effect? Hopeful it won't come to that but am curious about the options should it occur and if i would go back on at the same dose. I know everyone is different but am curious to hear if anyone else had this happen.

as always, I hope everyone is as well as can be!

Chris

#2 soundoff

soundoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:17 AM

Hey CDW,  I have been taking Tasigna for over a year. My LFT were up at first as well eventually it went back to normal. I wouldn't worry about your current levels. I never had to stop taking Tasigna. I started on Gleevec and stopped after three months due to HI LFT'S and bad side effects.   Soundoff

#3 reedgirl

reedgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:28 AM

Chris,

Look through my old postings, you'll see this happened to my husband.  He was taken off the drug until his counts returned to normal (apx 5 weeks), then put back on.  He was only on the drug for 2 weeks then off again for good due to really high AST/ALT and Bilirubin levels.  It's been 4 weeks and he has yet to be put on another drug, up next for him is Sprycel since he's been on Gleevec and Tasigna.  Good luck, hope you just need a drug break to level out, that usually is what helps the body adjust to the drug.

Audrey

#4 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:02 PM

Dear Audry,

Welcome back. We all have been wondering how your hubby made out. I know that all the stress and decisions and every thing else can make you go crazy. I sure hope Sprycel helps. It sure did help me.                                      lol billie                                     I'm keeping you in my prayers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users