• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:08 AM

Hi, well met with my onc for the first time since starting tasigna. all my counts were great, she said, all well within normal range, then she said my alt & ast were high. the AST is 70, & the ALT is 104. she said it is from the tasigna & to stay on the same dosage til I go back to Cleveland Clinic April 19th. i have had weekly blood work and my counts have been doing good but now i am back to MORE depression & worry!!! is there anyone out there on tasigna going thru the same thing??? right now my nerves are on end & i have sleeping problems on a good day!!!  anything i should being doing --beside worrying??? i am on lexapro & atavan, thanks for listening, prayers to all!! granny D

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:19 AM

Grannyd,

From what I have read on here your experience with elevated AST/ALTs is pretty normal. Some experience a very slight elevation such as yours and it returns to normal - nothing to worry about. Just make sure your onc keeps on eye on it. - you should be fine.

Good luck,

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:06 AM

thank you sooooo much for the encouraging words, it means so much to have people with the same thing to talk with!! i am still so new to this, only been on tasigna for 5 weeks, started my 6th week dose yesterday. i am hoping the weather starts to WARM up!! maybe if i can get outside it would help lift my mood, these cold, dark, dreary days really takes a toll on me. sorry to be such a whiner but i guess i just needed to know things will get better--someday!! thanks again, prayer for all, granny D

#4 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

I can definitely relate to the winter wearies! Another 4 inches of snow today! 12 more days until Spring!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#5 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hey, Grannyd. . .

The hardest thing about this disease is figuring out how to minimize the worrying.  Easy enough to tell yourself to stop worrying, but very hard to do.  Life is just too short to spend time and energy on something you can't control.  The tasigna will do its job.  Try to keep your worrying under control.  I got to a point a few months ago that I developed a severe case of TMJ from clenching my teeth 24-7.  Between job stress and cml stress I let my worrying get out of control.

Tasigna is a powerful drug, and most people have excellent results.  The same will be true for you.  Relax (as best you can), and find something fun to do, so that you keep your mind occupied.  It does get better as time goes on and you see that the drugs are doing their job.

Marnie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users