6 replies to this topic

#1 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

Hello Everyone,

So I just finished my 4th week of Tasigna. I had a CBC last week and my IANC was 1.2 and my WBC was 4.0. This week my IANC stayed the same and my WBC dropped to 3.8. My platlets also fell from 133 to 85. My question is this.....Is this common and is there potential that it will level off? My onc. wants to see me again on Monday for another CBC and if it has dropped more he wants to stop Tasigna for a week and then go back on the SAME dosage. If that doesn't work he wants to lower me to 400 mg instead of 600 mg. Is this standard practice? Thanks for your time and thoughts. -Josh

#2 janner25

janner25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hi Josh - I am on tasigna as well....I can tell you (at least from my experience) my counts rebounded back.  It did take a few weeks.  My hemaglobin is ALMOST to back to my normal (but is still within normal range) and I've been on it since the end of October.  The WBC also went low and then leveled out.

Hope it all works out for you!

#3 Deodara

Deodara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

Hi, did your counts already level up?  I have similar problem. Regards,

#4 Marva

Marva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

Hey,I am new to the CML world,I have so many questions. I to am on tasigna .

#5 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hi Deodara and Marva,

My counts have pretty much stabalized for the most part. My counts are all in the normal range except for my platelets, which are hovering around 125. WBC is now 5.3. At their lowest, the were 2.4. I think it's normal for counts to bounce around. They would even if we didn't have CML  Marva, there are a lot of fantastic people on this board that are loaded with experience and information. Look up "Information for the Newly Diagnosed". This post will answer a lot of your questions. Happy Sunday. 

#6 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

Welcome, Marva.

For those who are new, the info below may be helpful when getting started:

http://community.lls...?view=documents

Some specific Tasigna info:

http://community.lls.org/message/34465

Best of everything to you.

#7 Deodara

Deodara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:35 AM

Hi, JoshLee, happy for your improved counts, that's a good news. I've been reading the messages in this discussion board and discovered that my problem could be lack of resting, so important for defenses. This board has truely nice and inteligent people, thank you to everyone.

A naturist physician gave me a prescrpction for low counts of platelets: Capweeed extract

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users