• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 mck_001

mck_001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

You may want to have them do a sonogram to check for cysts on your ovaries.  I had the same problem and it turns out that my high counts at diagnosis may have caused a cyst on one of my ovaries which got out of hand.  They removed the cyst and had to remove my ovary as well because of how it had grown.  The surgery was laparoscopic on Dec 30 and was not too big of a deal.  Fortunately everything was benign, but my local onc thinks that my high counts at diagnosis is the cause of the cyst.  My cycles are starting to normalize again, but they are still a little heavier than usual.  

#22 Dana

Dana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:19 AM

Hey girls, I was on Gleevec for 5 yrs. and now on Sprycel for 2 yrs.  Started having irregular periods the last yr on Gleevec and went crazy bleeding when Sprycel started.  I was set for an ablasion last May and as the Dr. was trying to do the ablasion, I was bleeding too bad and the ablasion would not suction up against my uterus due to too much bleeding.  So when I woke up, I found out the in 1 week, I would have a complete hysterectomy!  My obgyn and I had been trying for hysteroctomy for over a year and insurance would not pay for that until we tried the ablasion!  Well, we showed them!

I agree that the complete hysterectomy was the best thing I have ever done in my life!  I believe that every woman should get on as soon as they are finished having babies!  Good luck ladies!

Dana

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users