#21 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

Hmm, I have Wii Fit - have had for about 3 years...right now I use my Wii mostly to watch Netflix and play the occasional game - this could be part of the problem. I liked ski jumping, although I tended to resemble Eddie the Eagle, and the slalom. Guess I'll have to get the board back out again. Thanks.

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#22 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

Hi Pat

If you've had it a few years you probably only have the original Wii Fit disc rather than the Wii Fit Plus they sell it with now.  I have to say I probably wouldn't be using it so much if I only had the original.  The two big differences (as I understand it) are:

Extra Games and Exercises

I believe the 15 games in 'Training Plus' are all new, and these are generally much more fun and 'game' like than the original balance games.  The flying chicken game is an excellent spectator sport (watching the player rather than the screen), the obstacle course is highly addictive and a good way to burn a lot of energy and the snowball fight is a somewhat more morally acceptable take on the idea of a irst person shooter for anyone who doesn't like the idea of their kids slaughtering hundreds of people with a virtual Uzi. There are also a few new yoga poses and muscle exercises.

My Routine

You can put together a bunch of the yoga and muscle exercises into a personalised routine lasting up to 60 minutes.  The downside is you don't get scores or to vary the reps.  The upside is you get a much more continuous workout without being told incessantly to practise your yoga every day.

I should also point out (before Trey says anything) that I was referring to the female virtual trainer.

#23 everonward

everonward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:26 AM

yeah that's what you say Phil  -

actually you are right about the wii - I really should get the board out - I also like playing the grand slam tennis game disc. Still it will have to wait  off to York tomorrow. Local hospital blood draw and possibly PCR first thing. Then railway musuem for the lads and university for me and daughter. Having a look at one of her back up choices.

Marian

#24 jwbwater

jwbwater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

Hilarious, I actually laughed out loud (but refuse to use that stupid abbreviation).  Thanks Phil!

#25 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

My sister has the wii fit and she loves it.  She's taken off a few pounds (not that she's all that heavy).

Virtual women must be a guy kind of thing.  My husband insists on having the sultry Brit female voice on our gps.  He'll take directions from her before he will from me.  He calls her Jill.

Marnie

#26 MomMom

MomMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:10 PM

I've been off the forum for a while and it's been a blast to read the posts today.  Great idea, Phil.  So is there a video of your dance'?

Best:  I am officially retiring June 30.  But will be in England again the last two weeks of June for work.

Worst:  Two close friends died within a day of each other last week.

Silliest:  Staying up late to watch Willie Nelson and Asleep at the Wheel on Austin City Limits last night.  It was good, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users