4 replies to this topic

#1 Janine

Janine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hi everyone,

Started Sprycel at the end of December (after having to stop Gleevac due to liver issues), had some headaches the first week but these subsided and then the second week I had abdominal pain and diarrhea for 2 days.  Got over that and was feeling great but two weeks later went to the beach with my family and we all came down with a stomach bug.  Everyone recovered after 2 days except me -- 3 weeks now with stomach pain, at times very intense, and frequent diarrhea (also quite intense at times).  Is the sprycel not letting my body recover? Any advice?

Thank you,

Janine

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

We should always consider the possibility of another medical issue apart from the CML and drugs.  If you have seen a doc and ruled out other medical issues, I would try to break the cycle by using Lomotil or similar anti-diarrhea med for a couple days.  I have found that breaking the cycle can help reset the problem (for a while, at least).

#3 Janine

Janine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:57 AM

I've taken immodium several times but it invariably comes back.  What I am looking for is suggestions on what I can take that will coat my stomach -- i.e., better protect it from the Sprycel.  Thanks.

#4 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:08 AM

Dear Janine,

I have been on Sprycel since September and have had just about every side effect, but have not had the stomach problems you are talking about.  Have you been to your PCP to see what else it could be?

Caroline

#5 reedgirl

reedgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:52 AM

Caroline,

What all have you experienced on Sprycel?  My husband will be starting as soon as his liver counts come down.  He seems to be very sensitive to these drugs and any and all side effects.  We're hoping this being his 3rd drug will be the charm with none, but I'd like to be prepared.

Thanks,

Audrey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users