• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:07 AM

And if you manage to escape the "sharts" as Phil and Trey put it, don't get any other side effects that you can't manage and the Gleevec works well for you, it's all good.

I believe they'll eventually come up with a solution to CML, the science is moving at a fantastic speed.

#22 5tigercubs

5tigercubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:36 AM

sharts huh?? yeah that caught me right after i posted no trouble....lol made me glad i am a women and was already prepared for other "issues" so at least it didnt make me cry which i have done more in 3 days now than the last 3 years all together.

The onc has only suggested so far moving up to the 200 twice a day . i will ask about 100 4 times. but i have to be able to take more than 100 mg first. may take a few weeks to get to that but I am hoping it moves along.

Thanks so much....

#23 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

Hi 5tc,

I spent a bit of time crying in the shower in the first month or so following diagnosis. If I'd had to work my way through the TKIs as you have had to do, I don't know how I would have functioned. A friend of mine has suggested yoga to me - she went through a fair bit herself mainly with the loss of her parents and a number of her friends. I'm going to go to a class or two next week, I figure between the stretching and the meditation that goes with yoga it can't hurt to try it.

Billie,

I try to remember to highlight the text and hit the ctrl button and the c button together - to copy what I've written, if the post plays up you can paste what you've typed in again by using the ctrl button and the v button together - that way you don't loose anything.

#24 knoppl

knoppl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

I cried a lot when I was first diagnosed, Each month got better and this discussion board helped me so much. It has been a little over a year and days go by where I don't think about cml every moment. I still have my moments when I get scared and hate having this but I have decided I can't do anything about it; I can only think positively and try to take care of myself. I have been doing yoga for over a year now and love it. My class is 2 hours long and it has a relaxation and meditation portion to it, which I think is what is so wonderful. It is my time for me.

#25 5tigercubs

5tigercubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

Yoga- sounds like something to try and i think it is offered free or with a $5 donation thru our local senior center for cancer patients. I will look into it when G is playing nicer.   My onc called today to see hiw it was going after my nightmare vist with her PA thurs. I was kind of impressed she called me on a sat morning. But we talked for a few and I am def starting to handle the emotional effects better so monday we may talk again about going up to the next step in dosing and try 200 mgs. She said we can take it as slow as needed so that I have the best possible chance of Gleevec being a good match for me. I really appreciate her and how she goes above and beyond. I am one of those patients that need patience and she has it in great supply.

so once again after a nightmare few days i am ready to take the next step with the Gand work my way up a little more.

Since i have both constipation and then diarhea imodium is out. but i will figure this out in time and it should be better when i am eating normally again.

#26 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:14 AM

Try taking some probiotics - it can take a couple of weeks for it to start working.

I've also found one of the IBS foods help, which is bananas, I have one a day when I take my Glivec. Though Trey mentioned that they had the opposite effect on him for a while, but you can only try things to find what works. I notice the difference when I don't eat a banana. The Glivec shats seems to hit about 1/2 an hour after taking it, but after that everything seems to be okay. Apple sauce; toast and rice are also listed as helping with IBS. But I always carry some Imodium with me just in case.

#27 5tigercubs

5tigercubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:54 AM

I will try this and see what works for me.  Thanks!!! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users