Are there any scientific studies or definite advice from CML" true experts " indicating that Omeprazole should not be taken with Gleevec?( I am aware that Tasigna and Sprycel should not be taken with PPI's ). I am only able to find anecdotal statements. Thank you. Frank
Omeprazole and Gleevec
Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:00 PM
That link did not work for me? I have been on Gleevec for 2 years, I just got a prescription last week for omeprazole . Where did you hear that they should not be taken together? Does anyone else have info on this ?
Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:25 PM
Be alert, but not overly concerned.
• Dx Oct. 22, 2008, WBC 459k, in ICU for 2 days + in hospital 1 week
• Leukapheresis for 1 week, to reduce WBC (wasn't given Hydroxyurea)
• Oct. 28, 2008: CML confirmed, start Gleevec 400mg
• Oct. 31, 2008: sent home when WBC reached 121k
• On/off, reduced dose Gleevec for 7 months
• April 2009: Started Sprycel 100mg
• Sept. 2009: PCRU 0.000
• Sept. 2011: after 2 years steady PCRU & taking Sprycel 100mg before bed, quit Sprycel (with permission)
• Currently: still steady PCRU, testing every 6 months 🤗
— Fatigue, hearing loss continue, alas, but I prefer to think it is all getting better!
Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:04 PM
Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2009 September; 68(3): 370-374.
Copyright Journal compilation © 2009 The British Pharmacological Society
Effect of a proton pump inhibitor on the pharmacokinetics of imatinib
1Molecular Therapeutics/Drug Discovery Program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
2Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
3Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
4Clinical Research Services, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
5Investigational Drug Service, UPMC Cancer Centers, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
6Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Received March 12, 2009; Accepted May 15, 2009.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users