#1 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

Any information on the effect of Goji Berries in jump starting Neutrophil production (naturally)?

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

Here I was jumping to the conclusion that you were going to discuss some problem with your male anatomy, and I said to myself "TMI", but then I saw that you had some other issue in mind.  Anyway, glad your Goji's are OK.  We just don't need problems like that.  Besides, it just makes Hannibellemo crazy when we talk about such guy things on here.  Sooooooo -- disregard.

#3 everonward

everonward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

LOL - what would we do without you

#4 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

And to think I almost didn't read this post! Are you kidding? I bet all the women on here love it when you guys start talking! I have to admit I giggled a little when I read the title though.

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#5 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:46 AM

All right - I guess I have to weigh back in on Goji Berries ...

Fight Cancer

Conventional  cancer treatments include surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy,  which can damage healthy cells and cause side effects. Goji berry shows  promise as an anti-cancer agent with no side effects. The School of Life  Science and Technology in Wuhan, China, studied the effect of goji on  leukemia cells. The results showed that goji induced apoptosis, or cell  suicide, in the leukemia cells. Studies published in Life Sciences in  March 2005 and Journal of Medicinal Food in August 2009 suggest that  goji is capable of inhibiting growth of cancer cells. Always discuss  treatment options with your physician before starting alternative or  complementary medicine.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#6 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

Hi Michael,

I really want to be serious about this! I am a Girl with a boys name (not my fault),

What is a gogi berry? You started it. What would I have to do to get some gogi berries? If it would take away this cml I'll jump a gogi. Just don't tell my husband. Very interested.                                                    Billie        Thanks for the good laugh but if you are serious I will try it. I will be cured and called gogi Billie

#7 rct

rct

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:57 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If it was that easy...

rct

#8 kcpenne

kcpenne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:51 AM

My stance on this sort of thing is that it might well be a cancer-fighting agent, but most unlikely to be a cure.  But probably would not be harmful to try and might provide some healthy benefits.

#9 knoppl

knoppl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Comical is the discussion on goji berries in the discussion," why am I so tired".  with Trey and Phil.

#10 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

If Yogi Berra married Halle Berry would they name their child Gogi Berries????

If Yogi the Bear married that bear on the Charmin commercial where the TP doesn't stick to it's butt, would they name their child Boo-Boo Bearies?

And I don't own a Star Trek outfit, thank you berries much for asking, Phil the Pheather Man.

#11 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:39 AM

Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather in the grocery store today!  I had to buy it after reading along in this post.

Raspberry and Goji berry flavored Jello Cups!!!!!!!!!!!!  Right there on the shelf.  You go Jello!

I giggled to myself, and maybe even out loud, and then purchased them.  They are delicious.  Different than just the raspberry flavor, but can't put my finger on it............must be the goji berries, and not sure I want to put my finger on goji berries that I haven't been properly introduced to.

Hmmmm, getting late here on the West Coast.........could be getting punchy.

Good night,

Caroline

#12 helenet

helenet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

What precisely is a "Goji Berry" -- and where can I get some??

#13 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

They are a small red berry that grows on a bush - which originates in Tibet. I have a plant, but haven't had a lot of luck with it producing berries, probably not the right climate for it. The blurb that came with the plant states "Historically the Tibetan people have used the berry in the treatment of kidney and liver problems. They are also used in Tibet to lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and cleanse the blood. They are said to have use in the treatment of eye problems, skin rashes, psoriasis, allergies, insomnia, chronic liver disease, diabetes and tuberculosis. The berries are sweet, often compared to being like a cross between cherry and cranberry."

You might also be able to get them as dried fruit - in the aisle where you get your sultanas and raisins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users