Photo

Advice on dealing with itching and skin red bumps on Tasigna?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cpsn0000

cpsn0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:23 PM

I know I started a similar posting on this but figured I would get a fresh take on this. I went on Tasigna when my counts were always low on Gleevec but never had skin problems on Gleevec like I do with Tasigna. My counts have been great, so far on Tasigna, but the itching and skin red bumpy rash is beginning to be a pain in my you know whay. It really has started to effect my sleep the last 3 nights and have tried benadryl and clariting with little relief. My face and ears are completely dry and my chest, arms, thighs, and upper shoulder area of my back have these bumps. Bee on Tasigna now going on my 3rd week this week.

My doctor's nurse says they can give me a shot of peridsone to help relieve the symptoms and diminish the intentisy of the rash. I will see my new local onc tomorrow for my initial appt but will push for this shot to give me some type of relief pending upon whatever here thinks. Again, I started with my new doctor in tampa and looking to establish a local on through md anderson center here in orlando tomorrow,I hope...

I appreciate the advice and help as always!!

#2 cpsn0000

cpsn0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

Looks like the redness on my face is part of this rash..how lovely....

#3 janmdo

janmdo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

I really think the most important thing is to drink alot of water.  That really seems to help me alot. Before, I would drink alot of cokes but have substituted them for more water.  I have been on Tasigna for 6 months now and dont have any of the itching anymore.  In the beginning, my scalp felt like it was on fire because of the itching.  I had little red bumps on my face and chest which itched also.  Hang in there because it will get better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users