4 replies to this topic

#1 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

Apologies in advance for the unsavoury topic, but I just had to share this with people who would understand.  I'm generally pretty lucky with the side effects - just chronic fatigue and GI issues.  Well, tonight the latter problem presented with a vengeance in the form of a sudden bout of what we might call 'acute gastro-intestinal distress' whilst I was in the middle of getting ready for bed.  Until it happens to you, you really don't realise just how vexing it is to be trapped on the lavatory with your mouth full of toothpaste.

Ho hum

Phil

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

Hi Phil,

Haven't yet been caught out with a mouthfull of toothpaste. But almost got caught short on my first overseas holiday - I was in the middle of a four hour trek around the San Francisco coastline, when I felt the first gurglings of something about to happen. Gazing around, there was sand to the left of me sand to the right of me and then I saw it, like a beacon in the darkness, a toilet block. Thankfully it was open and fuly equiped with toilet paper.

#3 VickiW

VickiW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationnorthwoods

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, yes, the Gleevec quickstep, I remember it well.  One of the many reasons I was glad to switch to Sprycel.  One especially fond memory was fighting to keep my balance on a wet floor as I made a dive from the shower to the "throne" (not a pretty sight, I assure you!)

Dxd 2007

started on Gleevec switched to Sprycel 100mg in 2009

PCRU since 2011

20mg Sprycel every other day since Dec. 2014

Began TFR 4-18-16

#4 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

Do you mean to tell me that Sprycel does not have the same effect on one's bowels as Gleevec does??  Yippee!!  I had no idea that in addition to the better PCR results, I might also be looking forward to the joy of a normal bathroom routine!!!

I will say that I have been severely disappointed with my 3 pill-free days.  I had hoped to have tons of energy and no more bathroom side effects.  Alas.

Marnie

#5 VickiW

VickiW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationnorthwoods

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

Hi Marnie!

great news, huh.  Actually, Sprycel can tend to have an opposite effect, which for me it did, but only for a short time and then things finally swung to normal!  I was able to avoid using any artificial help which may have helped me to to stabilize more naturally.

Dxd 2007

started on Gleevec switched to Sprycel 100mg in 2009

PCRU since 2011

20mg Sprycel every other day since Dec. 2014

Began TFR 4-18-16

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users