• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joburg

joburg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

Hi Everyone and a Happy New year to you !

I have not had lab work for about 4 months and just received the results. I have all weekend to think about this so wondered if someone could help me out. A little background..I was diagnosed in 2007 and started on Gleevec  but am on Tasigna now, ding well and have been at half dose for over a year. My recent labs show bilirubin high at 2.5 and then AST high at 72 and ALT high at 109, Glucose high at 105 and creatinine serum high at 1.04. Appears my little liver and kidneys are reacting to something and normally i wouldn't worry too much about it but haven't been feeling too good,more tired than i have been but chalked it up to Christmas. I have an appt with my dr in February so until then, just wondered if anyone had any ideas and/or had some of these numbers too.

Thanks so much.  

#2 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

Get out and go for a walk ... get your body moving - drink a lot of water.  Exercise will help clear out your liver.

(and have a glass of wine).

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

Tasigna seems more likely to cause these issues than the other TKI drugs.  Hard to say why.  From what I have read, this does not usually lead to permanent liver damage, just high enzyme levels.

#4 joburg

joburg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

I like your way of thinking ! I do know if i had that scenery that you have in your profile, i would be out walking that beach every day. Thanks for your help.

#5 joburg

joburg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

Thanks Trey. I usually don't react when i see these numbers, i have been up and down before, but the liver concerns me. I think when you aren't feeling as well as you normally do too plays with your head a little. But staying positive, and back to drinking more water. Not as easy to do when it is 22 degrees outside ! Brrrr. Thanks again !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users