Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

Has any one else tried this?  

#2 survivor77

survivor77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

When I have felt really sick, I smoke it and feel so much better.  Also eating it is great.  But I'm in recovery.  Not drinking alcohol; no way.  But I too have been frustrated by side effects, especially nausea.  I feel like I'm hung-over.  Pot takes it all away. mostly.

#3 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

Thought you might want to read a previous thread on this, http://community.lls...age/48758#48758.

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#4 porciniak

porciniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for providing the link and perhaps that will prevent this thread repeating that, very old and not on point, discussion of the merits, or not, of legalization of the drug, eh?

Anyway, I found that the drug stimulated my appetite and decreased nauseau very nicely, contrary to the prescribed marinol which just made me sleepy.  Stricken with pseudo-gvhd that lasted over 3 months and I was down to 90 # from a 'normal' weight of ~ 130.  I'm 5'2" and not a 90 pounder in my prime   Of course I was prescribed all the standard anti-nauseau meds which may have helped some but didn't do a thing for appetite.

Of course, as we all know drugs affect each of us differently.

#5 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

What were the signs of the "pseudo-GVHD", and was that a diagnosis by a doctor?

#6 porciniak

porciniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

Signs of pseudo-gvhd?

Vomiting that drugs couldn't touch and yes the doc's at the Hutch used that term after a several visits to the GI docs' and a couple of biopsies.  Lucky me, eh?  Evidently it happens with auto transplants rarely.  There's a resurected thread, under I believe AML,  Mind you I'm a voracious reader, or was back in the pre transplant day, dx'ed in '98, knew transplant was on the table from ~ the begining but seriously discussed starting in 2004 and I'd not run across the term before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users