• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cpsn0000

cpsn0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

MY EKG test was normal last week before starting Tasigna and this week it come up boarderline normal. My ventrical rate was 70 bpm last week and my ventrical rate this week was 58 bpm. My QT/Qtc is fine at 398 from 390 the week before which is the main focus during Tasigna use. My nurse said that she thinks my heart is perfectly fine and the EKG report I had wasn't a final report. A cardiologist will read and let me know by Monday. From what I read, this condition is actually happens in healthy people who are athlectic and usually isn't a concern. Is there medication you can take if needed to improve the ventrical rate? I am not on my 300mg 2x per day because of my having a concern with this but 2 doctors and my nurse say I am fine. Currently on 150mg 2x per day.....

We shall see come Monday if this is the case. I was told I go back to playing sports and etc..because they say my heart appears to be very strong and healtyh and also.....ONTO THE GOOD NEWS

I AM IN HEMATOLOGICAL REMISSION >>>YEAH!! We will see about where I am with CCR because my BMB report still hasn't come back in so hopefully to see how close I am to being in CCR. My blood counts are awesome since I started Tasigna, just wish they looked as good when I was on Gleevec. The itching on my head and body is drivng me crazy at times but they did offer predisone shot to help clear up the little rash I have and take away the itching...

My VITALs were BP 123/77, Pulse 71 (which brings me back to the ventrical rate of 58? Doesn't make sense) and my repirations were 16.

Blood Work as follows:

WBC 5.98 / Neutrophils, Poly ABS, 3.83

Hemoglobin 15.3 / RBC 5.13

Hematocrit H 46.5

RDW 44.6

Platelet Count 339

Potassium 4.5

Calcium 9.5

AST 36

ALT 49

Magnesium 2.1

PCR BCR/ABL Ratio .008047 (Mostly contributed to use of Gleevec before Tasinga)

Numbers are awesome..Doctors are confident numbers will remain the same or drop slightly on my normal dose when that starts on Monday and then a 3rd EKG on Wednesday of this coming week to make sure my ticker is ok......

Thoughts or comments appreciated.....

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

As we have discussed previously, the QT issue has not turned out to be a significant problem with Tasigna in real life.  Most likely just some bad luck during the clinical trial and people with pre-existing conditions.  Sprycel has the same general effect on QT, but did not have the same clinical trial issues.  Gleevec probably has the same issue.  

Ventricular rate is the same as heart rate, but when giving these separately they are estimated in an in-exact way.  The heart does not beat at a constant rate, so taking a single ventricular interval will not be precise and will not always match the "heart rate" when measured over 10 seconds or longer.

http://www.cvphysiol...thmias/A020.htm

http://www.cvphysiol...thmias/A009.htm

#3 reedgirl

reedgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:47 AM

Congratulations on the excellent report!!!  Nothing better than looking at labs with numbers like that!  Here's to continued success for you

#4 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

Congrats!  What nice numbers!  It would be hard for anyone to tell you had CML by your CBC alone--excellent!  Continued healing to you!  Keep posting how you are doing!

Tedsey

#5 cpsn0000

cpsn0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

Reedgirl & Tedsey,

Thanks for the kind words and support. I start my normal dose of 300mg 2x per day today so I hope things remain well. I expect a little drop off in the numbers both hopefully things will remain positive. If I can kick this itching and red small bumps, I will be rocking and rolling. But this is CML, we shall see... Keep up the good fight for you and everyone on this website....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users