• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cpsn0000

cpsn0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

I am only on 150mg 2x a day until Friday and I started to develop a rash on my upper arms, chest, and upper back..Nothing major but can see redness and a lot of red spots. I know this is a less serious side effect and plan to let my doctor know in the morning, but in the meantime, does this problem eventually go away or does it stick around for awhile? What is the scoop on this.

Thanks!!!

#2 WoofWoof

WoofWoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hi Cpsn- Sorry to hear about your rash. I have written several times here about my trials & tribulations of rashes. Been on Tasigna 16 months & the rash still persists. Best to get to a dermatoligist soon & get started on treatments before it gets out of hand. Only things that help me is to be on Prednisone & steroid creams.

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

#3 reedgirl

reedgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

My husband had the same rash. His skin looked like chicken skin with bumps all over.  His dr said to take a benadryl at night, at least he'd sleep well, and zyrtec in the morning.  He's afraid to take anything else while on this medications, just keeps hoping it will go away. His head also is extremely itchy.  The rash for him seemed to subside after about 2 months, but then they increased his dose and its back.  Hopefully yours will go away soon.

Do you suffer from the itchy head also??  I just posted back to you on the last thread about Tasigna, have you increased your dosage yet?

Audrey

#4 cpsn0000

cpsn0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

I am still on the 150mg 2x per day until Friday and then go to my regular dose of 300mg 2x per day. My head is also itchy at times but not to bad. I really hope this is the only side effect I will expierence on this drug. When I was on Gleevec, felt fantastic and only had to deal with some leg cramping for a couple of weeks and always went away when I took IB. I appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users