• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Skittles

Skittles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:20 PM

I want to thank Trey for all of his time and effort in answering my questions and add that we are all so fortunate to have a fellow CLMer that is so dedicated to researching and above all sharing with us.  He calls himself a CML Geek...how great for us!  Trey, Trey, he's our man ;-)   Skittles

#2 ROM1212

ROM1212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

Ditto.

Thanks for your patience and desire to help us all, Trey.  We appreciate you.

#3 reedgirl

reedgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:49 AM

Definitely have to agree with you!  I feel that way toward everyone who takes the time to answer my questions and post thoughts, but esp to Trey who gives such knowledgeable information!

#4 Beanie

Beanie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

I totally agree.  Trey knows his stuff and I'm sure everyone has benefitted from his posts.  I had read these posts for months before I finally got up the nerve to post a question.  Several people answered it and I was very thankful, but when I got an answer from Trey, I felt truly honored.  I told my family "Trey answered my post!, Trey answered my post!".  They were like "who the heck is Trey?"  I told them that he was the CML Expert!   They didn't really understand, but I'm sure everyone on here will.  Thanks again Trey.

#5 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:56 PM

How funny you say that Beanie!   I also tell my family, "Trey answered my post!"  It is quite an honor.  We are very lucky to have you, Trey.

P.S. I edited my post.  Sorry I mixed you up Beanie.

#6 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:28 PM

Yeah....yeah...my wife wants to know what "Trey thinks" also....gets me bummed.

I tell her - what about what "PhilB thinks". 

She says - PhilB's the British bloke - no?  I say yeah.   She says, "What does Trey think".

'nuf said.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#7 fawnc46574

fawnc46574

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

I don't normally post on here but this is one post I feel very strongly about. We are all very fortunate to have Trey as a freind and a place to get great information It is terrific that he is taken the time to do the research to help all of us deal with our various problems/ concerns. I am sure he will never know the true number of people that he has helped because there are some people like me that jsut "lurk" and read the posts and find comfort in the fact that there is someone else going through the same things we are. SO I agree THANK YOU TREY from me and all of those who just browse the posts

#8 busdriver

busdriver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

I agree that Trey has helped me a great deal as well.  There has been many of you that have helped me as well.  I feel very blessed to have all of you in my life!

xox,

Beth

#9 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:32 PM

'Our' CML geek?

He's anybody's CML geek, the tart!

#10 sandimartini47

sandimartini47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

Trey,

You are the greatest!!  Thank you, thank you for all of the time and patience that you take answering our question.   We all can say CCKMA--your fellow cmler, sandi

(Cancer can kiss my Ass)

#11 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Hey PhilB,

How's the hibernation going?  I'm not going to say I have missed you -- that would just validate your only popping up to say some smart-butt sharty thing or another.

But I think Hannibellemo might have missed you.  Maybe a couple others.  But I won't say I have missed you -- you do not get that satisfaction from me -- no way, no how.  Or is it know how?  Anyway, as I was saying....

Well, at least I can always count on you to break up an over-the-top thread.  Note that they are all ladies, except Michael, and I think he plays from the red tees on occasion.

So go right ahead and withhold yourself from our presence.  See if we care.  Well, maybe a little, but I'm not talking about me -- no way, no how....

#12 nadee546

nadee546

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

I agree with all the good comments about Trey. I was so nervous posting a question because I didn't want to sound dumb. But when I finally got up the nerve Trey answered my questions in a straight ,forward and understandable way. Thank you Trey I really really do appreciate all that you do  for everyone on this site. I have learned so much from you.         Nadee

#13 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:44 AM

Thought I'd better intervene.  Good job I happened along before you needed to buy a bigger hat.

I particularly like Nadee's latest posting.  I wouldn't like to comment on the 'straight' but I'd definitely agree about you being a bit forward.  As you point out though, the ladies seem to like it for some unknown reason.

The hibernation is a tricky one.  CML gets me depressed and, after my inital research frenzy, I'm now happiest when not thinking about it.  On the other hand I love all my fellow CaMeL's on here and don't want to lose what my wife calls my 'imaginary friends'.  What to do?  Could we start a cookery forum instead perhaps?

All the best

Phil

#14 starlago

starlago

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

Trey, please accept my thanks for the valuable information you've provided to me via this message board.

At my diagnosis in February, I also was a frantic (and frenetic) researcher.  Now, like Phil, I'm happiest when I'm not thinking about it.  As a matter of fact, I was paid a great compliment by my sister who told me "I forget you have cancer.  You're so normal!"  Mind you, she told me this while we were arguing about the best way to winterize a toilet:  Should you or should you not put antifreeze in a toilet tank you have removed all water from?!

It's a wonderment to me that I can forget about it due to the miracle of Sprycel.  (Well, at least most of the time.....)

I like the idea of a cookery forum.....

#15 sandimartini47

sandimartini47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:37 PM

Hi Starlogo,

Good comment about "she forgot you had cancer."  I find myself not thinking about it for weeks at a time and I actually think that I mentally feel better when I do that--not as depressed.  Of course, it is always there but I was depressed long enough about this disease--a few months--and decided that it was getting me nowhere so I thought, "I better start living while I can live."

Oh and by the way, my brother is a plumber and he says you do put antifreeze in the toilet in the winter if you are not using it.  My husband says he puts windshield washer fluid in the toilet to winterize it if the toilet is not in use.  He says, "it keeps your windshield from freezing so it should work for the toilet."  "Huh" That I am not sure about --Good luck and thank you for your post.  It was really uplifting. sandi

#16 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

Hmm, now I'm concerned, I'm planning my trip to London for March 2011. If I promise not to mention CML can we still meet for merlotinib and sushi? Of course, I would like to meet your wife - unless she is going to mess with my self esteem and make me feel all imaginary and stuff.   I would especially like to try her adult trifle - that sounded yummy!

BethG, what are you doing in March?

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#17 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:08 AM

Hi Pat,

Would love to meet up, but I think sauvatinib blanc would go better with Sushi.  I've pinged you an email.

The 'imaginary' bit was lifted from a cartoon showing a man hunched over his keyboard whilst the toddler playing behind him shouted out 'Mom, Daddy's talking to his imaginary friends again' and the name stuck.  I definitely promise real, 3 dimensional trifle.

Phil

#18 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

Since Pat "Hannibellemo" asked, here is where the "Best Imaginary Friends" thingy got started by PhilB....

Also, in memory of "Reedgirl" who was on this post, who we lost.....

Edited by Trey, 31 January 2018 - 09:00 AM.

#19 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationWilloughby oh

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:36 AM

I also have to say I'm very thankful for Trey! He has really been around to help all of us for a longggg time! I so appreciate his 2 cents and help. Always answers quickly my questions and everyone else's.

Thank you for taking your time to help! It is so appreciated. As well as the jokes and bantering with Phil, and everyone its always good to laugh!

Thank you Trey please don't stop! much appreciated!

Cathy

DX 5-2010  Started normal hydra then Gleevec for 9 months stopped working

Tasigna after 5 pills pancreatis  numbers jumped up quickly

Started Sprycel 100, 8-2010  for a 3 years went down to 50 mg numbers at one point really jumped up quickly

currently on 70 mg for last 2-3 years trying to get onc to reduce dose Numbers never stabilize never MMR till 4-2017 bearly and jump up and down in and out of MMR stayed MMR for 3 months then

After 6 years on sprycel fluid on both lungs, drained still have some fluid on lungs, and currently off drug 4 months now

numbers lower then ever go figure I've never been this low of a number 

last 2 tests .0686 and .0181 !!

#20 Jan0080

Jan0080

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

Trey, everything said is spot on.  You are the extra 20 minutes time with my Oncologist - who is a super guy but doesn't have the time to go over the nuances of all of the adverse effects but to his credit checked with Dr Shah at UCSF and okayed my dose reduction to 20 mg.

Trey, I gather that you are a full member of this club - coping with CML but I wonder what your real occupation is.  We all owe you a depth of gratitude that cannot be repaid.  last February through April, I went through some terrible muscle pain and then as a CPA during the crucial March 15th to April 15th time period, I had double vision while reading numbers!  I didn't even realize that I had a problem until one of my friends asked why I was keeping one eye shut!  Dose reduction solved that problem. 

TKI's are miracle drugs with some serious shortcomings.  Many Doctors don't care about itching issues or headaches unless they get to the point where we threaten to stop taking our meds.  This site has given this community the ability to share stuff that otherwise might not be shared.  You have been wonderful and if you are ever in Los Angeles, please let me take you to dinner!

Fred aka Jan0080

Diagnosed Dec 27, 2016 started Sprycel 100 mg Jan 7, 2017. Initial PCR 77.9 after 30 days 28.4, day 79 1.4 and day 115 0.1%. That is a 99.9% reduction! Sprycel 100 mg for 3 months, 80 mg for 1 month and now at 50 mg. Hooray for Sprycel!!! PCR June 5, 2017 0.04! Dose reduction to 40 mg 6/15/2017 due to shortness of breath. 20 mg as of June 29th. PCR .02 9/11/2017. PCR .015 IS as of 12/11/2017. Lungs substantially better. Low dose Sprycel works!

Adverse Effect - At about week 6 of Sprycel sharp muscle pain that would start at 2 AM and last for about 4 hours. This lasted about 4 weeks and went away, thank goodness.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

M.A.