I haven't written in a while, but wanted to let you know the latest news. My daughter had been in molecular remission in 9 months after starting Gleevec 8 and a half years ago. Her oncologist thought of taking her off of Gleevec, but switched labs and her numbers went up very slightly .005. He decided not to do it. I contacted Dr. Drucker who wanted blood work to be sent to him to analyze because he felt that she was a perfect candidate to go off of Gleeec. The good news is that the new lab now shows 000, but her oncologist won't make the decision of cessation. Dr. Drucker is sending out a kit from which her oncologist will draw blood and return to Dr. Drucker who will make the decision. He is such a great man. My daughter is not his patient, Yet, he has responded to our e-mails within a day for many years. Now he will examine her blood and work along with the oncologist she uses in New Jersey. She will have the blood drawn next week. We are excited about having Dr. Drucker involved and the possibility that she may be able to remain in remission. I will keep you posted. She was already tested to find out whether Gleevec will work if she relapses. It will.