#1 soundoff

soundoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

Is Tasigna not the better TKI?
Alot seems to be coming to light about it.

#2 chriskuo

chriskuo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

Better than what? Gleevec?

Sprycel and Bosulif can be better choices for many people competed to Tasigna or Gleevec.

#3 tiredblood

tiredblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

From what I understand, Tasigna tends to produce a deeper response as compared to imatinib. But, then there are side effects to watch for. Pre-existing conditions probably play more of a factor for doctors choosing one over the other more so now than in the past. I remember my doc once saying, "Were finding out that there are cardiovascular side effects."

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:22 PM

Each TKI is different and gives different levels of response to each patient.  So there is no such thing as a better or best TKI drug. 

#5 elvis

elvis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

my onc pulled me out of Tasigna stating that they are noting in the field a lot of cardio vascular issues with it.

When I was introduced to Tasigna this was not well documented.  The only thing that was of concern was Q-T interval issue in EKG and regular monitoring was mandatory.

I took Tasigna for 4 years, but over time it became clear that were other issues relating to circulation problems widely reported due to reported CAD and Periperheral arterial blockage issues.

It was recorded both 300 mg twice daily and 400 mg twice daily group.  I was asked to switch to sprycel based on the risks and reported increase in incidents at that stage. Roughly the time frame this happened was around 2012-2013 when more events were reported and recorded since enough time had passed since the introduction of the drug.

Regular monitoring with Tasigna is advised as a gold standard now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users