Photo

How do I alert someone I have sent them a private message?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kat73

kat73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC area

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:07 AM

Totally allergic to all things computer.  I sent a back-channel message to one of our forum participants and it has not been read yet.  I most probably sent it all wrong!  Anyway, before I resort to an all-forum shout-out for a single person, can anyone enlighten me as to how I might nudge the person to look for my message?

Dx July 2009 on routine physical.  WBC 94.  Started Gleevec 400 mg Sept 2009.  MMR at 2yrs.  Side effects (malaise, depression/anxiety, fatigue, nausea, periorbital edema) never improved.  Kidney issues developed because of Gleevec.  Switched to Sprycel 70 mg in Aug 2011.  Above side effects disappeared or improved.  Have been MR3.5 - 4.5 ever since.  Two untreated pleural effusions followed by one treated by stopping Sprycel Jan 2017.  After 9 weeks, PCR showed loss of MMR; re-started Sprycel at 50 mg and in 3 months was back to <0.01% IS.  Pleural effusion returned within a couple of months, same as before (moderate, left side only).  Stopped Sprycel 50 mg for 12 weeks; pleural effusion resolved.  At about a monthoff the drug, PCR was 0.03; at 11 weeks it was 2.06 - lost CCyR? Have returned to 50 mg Sprycel for 3 weeks, intending to reduce to 20 mg going forward.

#2 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:38 PM

You might just have to start a new topic saying you've sent them a PM. It has been done before. :-)

#3 kat73

kat73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, trying to avoid that - is there no other way?

Dx July 2009 on routine physical.  WBC 94.  Started Gleevec 400 mg Sept 2009.  MMR at 2yrs.  Side effects (malaise, depression/anxiety, fatigue, nausea, periorbital edema) never improved.  Kidney issues developed because of Gleevec.  Switched to Sprycel 70 mg in Aug 2011.  Above side effects disappeared or improved.  Have been MR3.5 - 4.5 ever since.  Two untreated pleural effusions followed by one treated by stopping Sprycel Jan 2017.  After 9 weeks, PCR showed loss of MMR; re-started Sprycel at 50 mg and in 3 months was back to <0.01% IS.  Pleural effusion returned within a couple of months, same as before (moderate, left side only).  Stopped Sprycel 50 mg for 12 weeks; pleural effusion resolved.  At about a monthoff the drug, PCR was 0.03; at 11 weeks it was 2.06 - lost CCyR? Have returned to 50 mg Sprycel for 3 weeks, intending to reduce to 20 mg going forward.

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

Their "mail envelope" at the top of the page turns red and has a number 1 when there is a message.  Also, if they signed up for alerts in their regular personal email account they get a notice there as well.   

#5 tiredblood

tiredblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

Or, everybody check your private messages. Go! ๐Ÿ˜›

#6 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:40 AM

Harder to tell you have a message on your phone you don't get the mail envelope like you do on the PC.

#7 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:41 AM

You have to click on the 4 squares on the top right had side and then open up messenger.

#8 kat73

kat73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

That's interesting - I never have an envelope that turns red, and yet I've had private messages.  I missed some and then wised up and changed my setting to alert me in my regular email.  Can you make someone ELSE'S envelope turn red???

#9 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

On my PC the envelope gets a 1 next to it, it doesn't turn red.

No you can't affect the settings on someone else's PC unless you are the administrator for it. Plus they could be logging on through their phone which gives a different view of things to the PC.

We don't mind if you want to PM someone you know. Lol So maybe put it in a new thread.

#10 kat73

kat73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:42 PM

Thanks, Gerry, I'll wait a couple of days and see if everyone checks their messages.  I feel like such an idiot!

#11 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

Don't feel like an idiot.  If people don't log in (like I sometimes do [don't???]), then they won't see a notification.  If you don't hear from them soon, then start a thread to get their attention. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users