#1 tazdad08

tazdad08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

I just saw this article..... Didnt really get to read through it, but I agree with what I have seen. The vast majority of us seem to go to numerous drs and also turn to the board for things that could be handled through one central point in our care. Not that I don't love this board. We probably get more in depth and accurate information and advice here anyway!

http://www.reuters.c...e-idUSKBN12X24U

Diagnosed in September 2011. Tried one year of Sprycel. Had great response. Became undetectable in a few months. Changed to Tasigna hoping for less side effects. Self medicated myself down to 20% dose and held for 3 years before becoming detectable again. It has been a journey that has helped me realize what life is about! I am all about a balanced life. I firmly agree with my decision to lower my dose. What is life if you aren't living? Mine will never be the way it was, but it is going to be as good as I can make it! Drs PRACTICE medicine, we can guide our dr to help us with a better life! Don't settle until it's acceptable to you!

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:50 AM

Hi, taz,

I'd say this is the best source of palliative care for our particular cancer. Just knowing that others have been or are going through the same experiences we are makes our situations tolerable.

I've long thought that palliative care needs to rise to the forefront in cancer treatment. Not everyone wants to be subjected to treatment after treatment after treatment in hopes for just a few more days or months of life, but don't know what else to do.

Good article.

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 tazdad08

tazdad08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:48 AM

I do agree... This forum and the friends we make here are the best forms of care that we can get.  

Diagnosed in September 2011. Tried one year of Sprycel. Had great response. Became undetectable in a few months. Changed to Tasigna hoping for less side effects. Self medicated myself down to 20% dose and held for 3 years before becoming detectable again. It has been a journey that has helped me realize what life is about! I am all about a balanced life. I firmly agree with my decision to lower my dose. What is life if you aren't living? Mine will never be the way it was, but it is going to be as good as I can make it! Drs PRACTICE medicine, we can guide our dr to help us with a better life! Don't settle until it's acceptable to you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users