2 replies to this topic

#1 Soccermum2003

Soccermum2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:58 PM

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting so please bare with me. I am just past my 1 year Cancerversary and doing relatively well, despite a few bumps in the road. About a month or so ago, I started having pain in my left hip. This came out of nowhere. Now for the past week my lower back has been hurting, so much I've been limited in my otherwise active lifestyle. Has anyone else experienced this issue while taking Sprycel? I visit my Dr.this Thursday at City of Hope. He's aware of my hip pain and finally ordered an MRI. Just so crazy that my back is now hurting as well. I feel like I'm losing my mind! Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!!!
Diagnosed- 6/22/15
Rx- Sprycel 100mg

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

Lower back and hip pain can be related, so it is possible this is one thing and not two.  Sprycel can certainly cause pain in the bones and muscles, so that is a likely explanation.  But the MRI is a good idea to rule out other possibilities. 

#3 tazdad08

tazdad08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:46 AM

I completely agree with Trey. The back pain could be related to the hip pain....We tend to carry ourselves differently when we are in pain, and that alone can cause other muscles to flare up. And then the good ole TKIs that cause pain too.... MRI will hopefully help get to the source of the pain. Welcome to our support world!!!!!!!! The information here is priceless.

Diagnosed in September 2011. Tried one year of Sprycel. Had great response. Became undetectable in a few months. Changed to Tasigna hoping for less side effects. Self medicated myself down to 20% dose and held for 3 years before becoming detectable again. It has been a journey that has helped me realize what life is about! I am all about a balanced life. I firmly agree with my decision to lower my dose. What is life if you aren't living? Mine will never be the way it was, but it is going to be as good as I can make it! Drs PRACTICE medicine, we can guide our dr to help us with a better life! Don't settle until it's acceptable to you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users