4 replies to this topic

#1 Lucas

Lucas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:46 AM

hey guys, hope everyone is fine. i'm having a kind of "callmelucky" situation: after two pcru results (from two different labs) my last result came as detectable but unquantifiable. I know that i'm in a good place but that variation always mess with my mind!

in june, just after my last PCRU i went to england and had to change my medication time (about 3 hours earlier), than i felt from the stairs and had to use ketoprofen for a week. that fact keep knocking on my mind telling me that that's the reason for the variation, but who knows?!

well, any thoughts? anyone passed throught the same situation? cheers!

#2 mdszj

mdszj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:34 PM

hi lucas, I take sprycel with dinner, which can be anywhere between about 5 pm to about 10 pm, depending on any number of things going on. As far as I know it has never seemed to impact the performance of the drug, although I dont really have any way to substantiate that statement.  I was able to hit pcru in about 15 months, and that included a 49-day break when I first started because my platelets tanked.  I would not let it bother you, looks like you are in pretty much the same situation as far as reaching pcru.  Good luck!!

dx cml 7/2012; 100 mg sprycel; splenectomy 9/2012; reached prcu 10/2013; dx smoldering myeloma 1/2015; 80 mg sprycel 12/2015; 50 mg sprycel 7/13/16; discontinued sprycel 11/15/16

#3 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:59 PM

You may have answered your own question when saying two different labs, one may have better equipment than the other.

#4 Lucas

Lucas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

You may have answered your own question when saying two different labs, one may have better equipment than the other.

hi, gerry! actually, i was pcru from two different labs, and than i became unquantifiable from one of those labs.

#5 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:06 PM

Thanks Lucas - I think it is quite common to have blips as long as it isn't a rising trend. Scary when it happens though. Good luck for the next test

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users