SandyG353

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:03 AM

Hi Everyone.

Trey, you are correct.  It isn't just one lymph node that is swollen near or on the lungs.  A biopsy was done and samples were taken from the swollen lymph nodes by a pulmonary doctor.  So far sarcondoisis and lymphoma have been ruled out.  It will take 6 weeks for the results which are grown in  petri dishes to determine what the cause is and how to treat it.  My daughter saw the oncologist yesterday, and he said that if it were up to him he would put her on steroids and call it a day, but he stated that he is not the pulmonary doctor.  Trey, what are your thoughts on this? All I know is that the oncologist stated that my daughter is a big question mark.   The other news is that the hospital changed labs.and her blood work was not 000 any longer.  It is 001.   The oncologist believes that it is due to the change in labs but will do a test on her on Weds.

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:55 AM

I would let the testing run its course and hear what the Pulmonologist says.  Lymph nodes in clustered groups swell because of some issue (or former issue) with what drains into them.  In that area of the central thorax it could be lungs or some other close-by organ or tissue.  If lymph nodes swell all over the body, then lymphoma is more likely.  The doctors just need to see what they can find.  But often such searches end in no determination, which is why the one doc wants to just use steroids. 

#3 SandyG353

SandyG353

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

Thank you, Trey.  I will keep you posted.  The results won't be in for another 5 weeks.

Sandy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users