#1 SandyG353

SandyG353

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:20 PM

In a previous post I brought up the topic of enlarged lymph nodes and CML.  I am wondering if anyone who has CML was diagnosed with Sarcondosis.  It appears that might be what my daughter has.  Her oncologist brought up the enlarged lymph node in the chest to at a Pulmonary Conference.  That is the diagnosis that appears to be in agreement with the pulmonary physicians.  Does anyone in the group have the same problem?  She will have blood work done and the lymph node will have to be biopsied to confirm the diagnosis.  Apparently this is a situation in which the white cells form clumps of cells called granulomas which is an abnormal response of the auto immune system.  The body reacts to an unknown substance which is in the air.   I wonder whether this has a connection to CML or whether the house she lives in has mold in it.  

Sandy

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

My response in the other thread you refer to was:

Sarcoidosis is a non-cancerous enlargement of lymph nodes due to unknown reasons, sometimes an autoimmune response or rarely a response to prescription drugs.  TKI drugs, especially Sprycel may rarely cause such issues, and I have seen others mention nodules near the lungs but there was not much other information given.  This article describes the issue in general terms, not specific to CML drugs:

http://emedicine.med...343451-overview

Sarcoidosis is also called granulomas.  As long as the nodule(s) are benign, it should not be a serious threat to her health, although I realize she has pain caused by it.  Here is another item to read:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22706525

#3 SandyG353

SandyG353

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:16 PM

Hi Trey.

Thank you for your information.   I have been doing research on the topic and found that the possibility of this enlarged lymph node can be from.an autoimmune response to fungus, bacteria or dust.   In my daughter's case, I worry that the house that she bought has mold behind the walls.  We do know that it went in to foreclosure by the previous owner.   A bank bought it and neglected it.  It got flooded and was bought by a builder who rennovated the house. She bought the house 3 years ago. Recently,  she has found a wall to be damp and reported a step that was wet.  This concerns me, particularly since her son ( 9 years old) had a swollen lymph node on the side of his head which went away on it's own.

The latest information I have from her is that her oncologist called and told her that she will be treated with steroids by a pulmonary doctor, but the lymph node will have to be biopsied.  Unfortunately, my daughter is afraid to look at blood test results,liver levels, etc.  She doesn't want reports sent to her.  Therefore any questions about enzymes for me regarding her, I do not know.  All I know is that she seems to have alot of health problems in addition to CML.  She has gall bladder sludge, cysts filled with blood in the pancreas, superventricular tachicardia ( which would prevent her from trying any of the other CML Drugs if Gleevec fails to work)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users