#1 tazdad08

tazdad08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:25 AM

I have read of a couple people registering at Be The Match. Some drs want to be ahead of the game just in case meds do not work. Has anyone registered on their own? I browsed their website a little and didnt see how to register. Seems like the dr may have to do it for us??? But then again I do have chemo brain pretty bad lately...lol  

Diagnosed in September 2011. Tried one year of Sprycel. Had great response. Became undetectable in a few months. Changed to Tasigna hoping for less side effects. Self medicated myself down to 20% dose and held for 3 years before becoming detectable again. It has been a journey that has helped me realize what life is about! I am all about a balanced life. I firmly agree with my decision to lower my dose. What is life if you aren't living? Mine will never be the way it was, but it is going to be as good as I can make it! Drs PRACTICE medicine, we can guide our dr to help us with a better life! Don't settle until it's acceptable to you!

#2 Bb1823

Bb1823

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

TazDad, I'm not 100% sure but I believe you have to be HLA typed by your Doc before you can get anywhere on your own. My husband was typed and his doc gave us the "code." We could then enter his information on the Be The Match website to see how many matches there are out there. It even shows less than perfect matches (such as 7/8) and # of umbilical cord units they have could potentially be an option.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users