#1 SandyG353

SandyG353

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

My daughter has been on Gleevec for 7 years.  After being sent to the Emergency Room for strong abdominal pain, it was found that she has cysts around her pancreas.  She took a MRI with contrast and is scheduled for an epidoric ultra sound tomorrow in which a cyst will be aspirated to determine whether it is cancerous.  Has anyone heard of this situation or had it?  Do you think that it is related to CML?  The G.I. doctor that read the results said that the particular cyst found is like that in breast cancer and is treatable. My advice to my daughter was to have a copy of the tests sent to the oncologist instead of the internist who called her and repeated what she already knew.  What does the group think?  Trey- any comments from you?

Sandy

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

Sandy,

For what it's worth, when my liver enzymes went sky high when I was on Gleevec an ultra sound was done and they found 2 cysts on my liver. They were not biopsied and I haven't had another ultrasound to see if they still exist. They were not a concern at the time.

I am currently on 50 mg Sprycel.

Good luck to your daughter!

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 SandyG353

SandyG353

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:11 PM

Thank you for your response about the cyst.  Did your oncologist feel that it was caused by Gleevec?  Is that the reason that you were changed to Sprycel?

Sandy

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:41 AM

It would be rare if associated with Gleevec.  But you can read this article which relates to the issue:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2885641/

What were her Amylase and Lipase elevated for a while before this occurred?

https://labtestsonli...atitis/start/2/

#5 SandyG353

SandyG353

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:52 PM

I contacted Dr. Druker about the cyst on my daughter's pancreas.  He said that he had not heard of that resulting from Gleevec.  At least we know that she can  stay on Gleevec.  Due to other health situations, she cannot take any of the other drugs that are out there.

Sandy

P.S. Her blood work was perfect prior to the test. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users