Photo

Use of gleevec and the ulcer in the mouth and throat.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 R0f03l

R0f03l

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:38 PM

Am 24 years old live in Brazil'm on treatment with Gleevec (Imatinib) for LMC's been 10 months. After a few months making use of Gleevec I suffer constantly with ulcers in the mouth and throat. These ulcers in the mouth and throat prevents me from eating solid food and sometimes even to speak. I've been to the doctor do blood tests all normal, the doctor recommended me: Nystatin (solves the problem a little), chlorhexidine with xylitol (only darkens my teeth and bit addresses) and omeprazole (stopped making use due to Gleevec) .
The point is that this drug does not solve the problem and constantly I have ulcers in the mouth and throat and other suffer to eat and speak.

I was wondering if this problem and because of stomach acid? If how will you know? and how the doctor can fix this?

I'm good when I eat everything I have no sickness nor vômitos.Alguém ever had or is going through the same problem as me?

Grateful.

#2 alexamay09

alexamay09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:31 AM

I feel very sorry for you.  I suffer from a very dry throat on imatinib so it always feels tight and uncomfortable and I choke a lot.  I get blood blisters in my mouth too.  However nothing as severe as you have.  I hope others can give you some answers.

Alex

#3 R0f03l

R0f03l

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

I feel very sorry for you.  I suffer from a very dry throat on imatinib so it always feels tight and uncomfortable and I choke a lot.  I get blood blisters in my mouth too.  However nothing as severe as you have.  I hope others can give you some answers.

Alex

Blood blisters in the mouth I never had. Until this last day I'm with the mouth and throat standard and smoothly.

Improvements Alex.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users