1 reply to this topic

#1 MsLaLa

MsLaLa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:51 PM

Started Sprycel 100 Mg. I've noticed numbness in my arms and legs, nothing major just annoying but hopefully it will pass.
🌺MsLaLa

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:43 PM

I don't know if it is considered full blown neuropathy or not, but I did experience similar feelings in my feet and legs after I had been on Sprycel for a few weeks. I ended up taking 300mg. of alpha lipoic acid for a couple of weeks and it went away. This was recommended on another CML website. If it is going to work for you, you will know within 3 weeks, no sense taking it any longer.

My onc was aware that I was taking it, actually I took it twice in a 2-3 year period. It worked both times. He was ok with me taking it for the the few weeks it would take for it to either work or not. Once the neuropathy was gone (within a few days) I stopped taking it. It returned once, I took the ALA again, and I haven't been bothered by it since.

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users