#1 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:29 AM

I just completed 8 months of no TKI (Sprycel) and received my PCR result for September. For the second time I had a spike in my PCR. This time to 0.05% I.S. scale. Although half a log below MMR, I thought this may be it and I am not able to hold MMR for much longer without Sprycel or some other TKI. I was preparing to re-start my low dose Sprycel and give up the cessation effort.

I had hoped that over time, I was either going to lose remission fast and have a clear answer to my test - or I would prevail and slowly see my PCR numbers fall back to PCRU and that would be that.

Instead, I am in a no man's land where my PCR's have slowly crept up (lost PCRU), but then fall back again - all within the margin of error of the test below MMR. Still - I thought, might as well re-start Sprycel. At least I won't have to park at M.D. Anderson every month - I can go back to 3 months. So I suggested to my Oncologist I'll need a new prescription.

And then a surprise - my Oncologist told me to continue like I am doing since I am below MMR and have had many months like this. "risk (to me) is negligible and if PCR pops above MMR then we'll re-start (and then try again). But after 8 months, you have a shot". The thinking is that the LSC's may burn out (Trey's theory that I happen to agree with). They want to see if this can happen with no therapy present, but with monthly PCR monitoring. He told me he has seen this many times now in cessation work. It can take years and 8 months is not enough. Most of these patients were forced to stop for other reasons and they observed they were able to continue off therapy and so they did with results similar to mine. I am an outlier only in that I deliberately stopped therapy.

Just when I was getting ready to throw in the towel - my doctor tells me I can keep going - He said I could re-start if my anxiety was high (he should know better on that one) and felt the need to re-start, but otherwise, he's good with what I have been doing. I am not kidding myself - if this doesn't work - then I'm back on Sprycel. Each month has been a gift. 

I know I have been a cheerleader of sorts and some felt I was a professor at "Cancer Cure University". I have posted here and shared thoughts on what I have been reading and learning. But I also read about the anxiety and pain others are feeling especially those who are not getting the kind of response that so many others achieve. I willingly stopped treatment to explore alternatives. I am sensitive to that. If enough forum readers want me to stop posting because my approach is not clinically tested, validated and approved - I will stop posting. I won't say my approach is easy on the mind - it was for me because I fear the TKI more than the disease. But that's just me. My reading now is focused on Leukemic stem cells and I will try anything (natural) to go after them. Staying in this "no man's land" is not definitive enough.

However, on to month nine.

Thank you to all who have encouraged and supported my efforts. And to Trey, I have enjoyed our debates.

Disclaimer: I do not recommend, encourage or suggest to others to do what I have been doing without consultation and agreement from your doctor. CML is a serious disease and not to be taken lightly - ever.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#2 simone4

simone4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:29 AM

Scuba, what a good outcome, your onc. suggests you carry on.

(If parking every month at MD Anderson is all you have to deal with

then so be it.)

I am afraid of the TKI's as well. The Gleevec has destroyed my

thyroid and now I am so allergic to it, I have to take anit-histamines

to stop the itching.  I'm sure my onc. will switch me to Sprycel

and that has me so anxious I can't sleep.

If only I was in your shoes. 

Take care. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Simone

#3 acl

acl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:35 AM

I just completed 8 months of no TKI (Sprycel) and received my PCR result for September. For the second time I had a spike in my PCR. This time to 0.05% I.S. scale. Although half a log below MMR, I thought this may be it and I am not able to hold MMR for much longer without Sprycel or some other TKI. I was preparing to re-start my low dose Sprycel and give up the cessation effort.

I had hoped that over time, I was either going to lose remission fast and have a clear answer to my test - or I would prevail and slowly see my PCR numbers fall back to PCRU and that would be that.

Instead, I am in a no man's land where my PCR's have slowly crept up (lost PCRU), but then fall back again - all within the margin of error of the test below MMR. Still - I thought, might as well re-start Sprycel. At least I won't have to park at M.D. Anderson every month - I can go back to 3 months. So I suggested to my Oncologist I'll need a new prescription.

And then a surprise - my Oncologist told me to continue like I am doing since I am below MMR and have had many months like this. "risk (to me) is negligible and if PCR pops above MMR then we'll re-start (and then try again). But after 8 months, you have a shot". The thinking is that the LSC's may burn out (Trey's theory that I happen to agree with). They want to see if this can happen with no therapy present, but with monthly PCR monitoring. He told me he has seen this many times now in cessation work. It can take years and 8 months is not enough. Most of these patients were forced to stop for other reasons and they observed they were able to continue off therapy and so they did with results similar to mine. I am an outlier only in that I deliberately stopped therapy.

Just when I was getting ready to throw in the towel - my doctor tells me I can keep going - He said I could re-start if my anxiety was high (he should know better on that one) and felt the need to re-start, but otherwise, he's good with what I have been doing. I am not kidding myself - if this doesn't work - then I'm back on Sprycel. Each month has been a gift. 

I know I have been a cheerleader of sorts and some felt I was a professor at "Cancer Cure University". I have posted here and shared thoughts on what I have been reading and learning. But I also read about the anxiety and pain others are feeling especially those who are not getting the kind of response that so many others achieve. I willingly stopped treatment to explore alternatives. I am sensitive to that. If enough forum readers want me to stop posting because my approach is not clinically tested, validated and approved - I will stop posting. I won't say my approach is easy on the mind - it was for me because I fear the TKI more than the disease. But that's just me. My reading now is focused on Leukemic stem cells and I will try anything (natural) to go after them. Staying in this "no man's land" is not definitive enough.

However, on to month nine.

Thank you to all who have encouraged and supported my efforts. And to Trey, I have enjoyed our debates.

Disclaimer: I do not recommend, encourage or suggest to others to do what I have been doing without consultation and agreement from your doctor. CML is a serious disease and not to be taken lightly - ever.

Hi Scuba, Congratulations you completed 8 months with no TKI's, I wish that I could do the same. Thank you for keeping us updated it is appreciated! Have a wonderful Sunday.

acl

Diagnosed March 2014

Imatinib 400 mg. Summer 2014, Imatinib 300 mg.

% BCR-ABL

IS-NCN

06/01/16     0.18%

24/02/16     0.11%

23/03/16     0.13%

12/05/16     0.07%

13/07/16     0.17%

12/09/16     0.12%

21/19/16     0.15%

23/11/16     0.09%

20/12/16     0.11%

19/01/17     0.07%

21/02/17     0.07%

20/03/17     0.06%

20/04/17     0.06%

20/05/17     0.07%

20/06/17     0.06%

23/08/17     0.08%

22/12/17     0.04%

#4 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:30 AM

Scuba, what a good outcome, your onc. suggests you carry on.

(If parking every month at MD Anderson is all you have to deal with

then so be it.)

I am afraid of the TKI's as well. The Gleevec has destroyed my

thyroid and now I am so allergic to it, I have to take anit-histamines

to stop the itching.  I'm sure my onc. will switch me to Sprycel

and that has me so anxious I can't sleep.

If only I was in your shoes. 

Take care. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Simone

HI Simone - Thanks for the encouragement.

I take Quercetin from time to time as a natural anti-histamine. It works for me - kills the itch.

I don't recall your PCR level - if you are at MMR or below, and decide to switch to Sprycel, consider starting a low dose and work up if needed. Sprycel is a potent drug that can work remarkably well at lower doses. It worked for me at 20mg and I no where close to MMR when I started that regimen.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#5 tiredblood

tiredblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:34 AM

Scuba Stated, "I won't say my approach is easy on the mind - it was for me because I fear the TKI more than the disease."

I also fear the TKI, leaving me to wonder how long any compensatory mechanisms that may be in effect will hold out. Other than the CML, I have had excellent health.  After the TKI, quality of life has certainly intermittently declined.  On the other hand, I respect the seriousness of having CML and the need to control it. I've pondered that the time may come where I will weigh the side effects/quality of life against the life-saving desired effect of the TKI, but the thought that a cure could be just around the corner would make me hold out.  My prayer is that researchers will continue to *strive for a cure* and not just settle on the fact that TKIs offer good results in controlling CML, especially in an age where doctors seem to just work to maintain patient's conditions rather than prevention or cure.

I'm really thankful that there seem to be some researchers/doctors that not only refer back to controlled clinical trials, but are in tune with what is actually going on with their individual patients.  

I admire your bravery, Scuba, and appreciate your sharing your experience with us.  I figure if I have to have CML, I want it to count for something and want my own experience to help someone else.

#6 mikefromillinois

mikefromillinois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:56 AM

Congrats Scuba.  Stay the course!

I am in month four of the LAST cessation trial and so far have remained undetectable.  Needless to say I'm stoked.  Forgive the minor thread hijack Scuba but I'm going to say a few words about stopping tki's. 

Without "clinical trials" medicine would not advance much - some here will remind us that we have tki's as a result of clinical trials.

In the LAST trial I go in monthly for bloodwork - AND - I participate in intense interviews for at least one hour each visit.  In the beginning of the trial I was asked to take copius notes between visits about side effects and so on, and I do so.  The doctors running this trial are trying to find out as much as they can about the disease.  (On my last visit I was asked if I noticed any change in the way my body reacts to mosquito bites since I have been off the meds - we are talking attention to detail here.) 

To what ends?  So that "medicine" can better understand the disease.  So that they can learn how to best treat the disease.  So they can better understand how the medicine works - why it works on some and not others - why some people can successfully quit and others can't.  Understanding and managing side effects better.  Helping patients fully understand their treatment options.  Maybe even learning what causes the disease.

For me, participating in this trial feels like being on a "team" of clinical people working with them on a project - not at all like a patient visiting the clinic.  Based upon the energy with which the people running this trial are seeking out information, I have NO DOUBT that ALL OF US here will benefit from the research being done.

I have seen some statements here that to me suggested that some folks here have an issue with some of us "gloating" about our cessation or the fact that our treatment is going well, perhaps because their own treatment isn't going so well.  I think that is very unfortunate.  I myself am well aware that just because my treatment is going well today does not guarantee that next year I will still be doing well.  I come here to learn and I want to learn about everyone's course of treatment.  I personally WANT those doing well to keep coming here and to keep telling us their stories and offering support and advice.

Those who are critical of the postings of those doing well should consider this: If people simply left or quit posting once their treatment was going well...all of the posts here would be "negative" in a sense...and all of the newly diagnosed patients (like we ALL were once) would come here and quickly decide that they should look forward to a future of doom and gloom.  In my own case, immediately after my diagnosis I came here and I was VERY relieved to hear so many people here telling how well their treatmen was going - made the disease much less scary for me.

We are all in this together gang - as they say at the altar...in sickness and in health.

Finally, as Scuba stated, no one should ever stop or modify their medication without first talking to their doctor.

Here's wishing everyone continued good health and many happy days...

Mike

#7 tiredblood

tiredblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:20 PM

Mike, I appreciate what you said in your post above.  Before I got CML and started posting here, I always thought of those who participated in clinical trials did so as a last resort in attempts to cling to life.  I know this is often the case, and I would certainly be one of those persons given the right situation.  What I learned here at the LLS discussion board was that my previous way of viewing participation in clinical trials was very limited and I've have had to change my way of thinking.  I have developed a huge respect for those who participate in clinical trials regardless of the reason for participation,  I better understand now that the reasons for participation vary more than I ever understood before.

Hats off to clinical trial participants.

Since you mentioned mosquitoes- As an aside, I remember the first time a mosquito bit me after starting the TKI,   I thought, "Are you sure you want to do that?"  Then, I wondered what effects it may have on that mosquito. FWIW, when I get bitten, it is flat now with no wheal development.

#8 Buzzm1

Buzzm1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:19 PM

Congratulations Scuba!  Happy that you have maintained MMR and that your oncologist is having you continue status-quo, TKI-free.  CML is a learning experience for all of us.  Thanks for the update.

Buzz

For the benefit of yourself and others please add your CML history into your Signature

02/2010 Gleevec 400mg

2011 Two weakly positives, PCRU, weakly positive

2012 PCRU, PCRU, PCRU, PCRU

2013 PCRU, PCRU, PCRU, weakly positive

2014 PCRU, PCRU, PCRU, PCRU (12/07 began dose reduction w/each continuing PCRU)

2015 300, 250, 200, 150

2016 100, 50/100, 100, 10/17 TFR

2017 01/17 TFR, 04/18 TFR, 07/18 TFR 0.0012, 08/29 TFR 0.001, 10/17 TFR 0.000

2018 01/16 TFR 0.0004 ... next quarterly PCR 04/17

At the earliest opportunity, and whenever possible, lower your TKI dosage; TKIs are toxic drugs and the less we take longterm the better off we are going to be ... this is especially true for older adults.  

In hindsight I should have started my dosage reduction two years earlier; it might have helped minimize some of the longterm cumulative toxic effects of TKIs that I am beset with.  

longterm side-effects Peripheral Artery Disease - legs (it's a bitch); continuing shoulder problems, right elbow inflammation.   GFR and creatinine vastly improved after stopping Gleevec.

Cumulative Gleevec dosage estimated at 830 grams

Taking Gleevec 400mg an hour after my largest meal of the day helped eliminate the nausea that Gleevec is notorious for.  

Trey's CML BlogStopping - The OddsStop Studies - Discussion Forum Cessation Study

Big PhRMA - Medicare Status - Social Security Status - Deficit/Debt

#9 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:28 PM

Don't be silly, Scuba, this forum is for everyone's experiences. While I personally feel I may never be able to stop my TKI, I'm happy for everyone who has the courage to try whether successful or not. 

You may be a little over-enthusiastic in telling some long-timers on here that they are probably cured, but I think, on the whole, everyone takes it with good humor and in the spirit in which it is intended!  ^_^

We're all here for each other on this site and that is what's important after all.

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#10 SUE

SUE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:14 PM

Scuba,

Please do not stop posting your results and the thoughts about them that both you and your oncologist have.  Clearly the treatment for CML is not "one size fits all," just as the effects that the TKI's have on us vary quite a bit.  Unfortunately, many oncologists are not aware of the variations and still insist on prescribing full strength all the time.  Only by hearing the experiences of you and others can we gain the knowledge that allows us to participate as a partner in our treatment.

Sue

Dx  April 2013, FISH 62,  BMB not enough for PCR test; put on Gleevec 400;

August 2013, FISH 8.7;

Oct 2013, FISH 5.6

Stopped Gleevec Nov 2013 for 6 weeks due to terrible side effects; Jan 2014 started Sprycel 50mg;

Feb, 2014 PCR  6.8

May,2014  PCR   .149

Aug, 2014 PCR    .015

Nov. 2014 PCRU

March, 2016  went down to 40mg Sprycel

Oct. 2016   stopped Sprycel for a couple weeks due to concern about shortness of breath.  Echo showed mild PAH.

Nov 1 2016  resumed Sprycel 20 mg daily 

Dec 2016  PCRU

March 2017  PCR 0.020

May 2017     PCRU

Sept  2017   PCRU

Dec    2017  PCRU

#11 Terran

Terran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationClovis CA

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

This forum needs a like button. I just want to to say thumbs up.

#12 Terran

Terran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationClovis CA

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

This forum needs a like button. I just want to to say thumbs up.

#13 Kellyb333

Kellyb333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

Scuba,
I don't post much, but I am also dealing with myelosuppression and see Dr Cortes. I am very encouraged by your posts.

#14 janne

janne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

Please continue to post, Scuba. ALL clinical results posted on this board are of value, not to mention that we need "pioneers" in the field. I also encourage anyone in the LAST trial or private cessation trials to keep posting as well. Thank you for all your contributions.

Dx'd: 8/2008. Started Gleevec 400 mg 11/08. 

Drug break 2011.

Started Tasigna 4/11 450 mg.

Reduction to 300 mg Tasigna 1/2012.

PCRU 9/2012.

12/2012 Detectable.

PCRU 4/2013 through 3/2015. (Reduced to 150 mg 7/2014)

12/2015  ? slightly detectable at probably less than 0.01% per Mayo Clinic.

4/2016 PCRU. Still at 150 mg Tasigna.

CESSATION: stopped treatment 7/20/2017. 

9/6/2017:  barely detectable at 0.01%. 

12/11/2017: PCR at 0.09% (did not do the monthly PCR testing.) 

12/18/2017: Inevitable call from Onc. Started back on Tasigna at 150 mg. (Considering Sprycel low dose.) 

#15 kat73

kat73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC area

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:05 AM

Oh, Scuba, don't stop posting - your journey is fascinating, and the fact that your doctor is Dr. Cortes is very significant for us. I agree with the other posters that we all gain from everybody's experiences. 

I do want to put in a word here for the ones having really serious troubles - I don't believe anybody from that cohort criticized the rest for "gloating" - I think they just wanted to let people know how it felt to be in their shoes, and I'm very glad they did.  Nobody wants to hurt anyone, even if inadvertantly.  And all of us need each other's info and support.  I do remember that the only place where I got enough information to really cheer me up was right here at this forum, and a great part of that was peoples' success stories.  Just remember how hard it is to feel inspired by others' success - even though your rational side says be happy for them - when that door seems truly closed and you're maybe on your 4th TKI and physically suffering.  OK, enough preaching!

Dx July 2009 on routine physical.  WBC 94.  Started Gleevec 400 mg Sept 2009.  MMR at 2yrs.  Side effects (malaise, depression/anxiety, fatigue, nausea, periorbital edema) never improved.  Kidney issues developed because of Gleevec.  Switched to Sprycel 70 mg in Aug 2011.  Above side effects disappeared or improved.  Have been MR3.5 - 4.5 ever since.  Two untreated pleural effusions followed by one treated by stopping Sprycel Jan 2017.  After 9 weeks, PCR showed loss of MMR; re-started Sprycel at 50 mg and in 3 months was back to <0.01% IS.  Pleural effusion returned within a couple of months, same as before (moderate, left side only).  Stopped Sprycel 50 mg for 12 weeks; pleural effusion resolved.  At about a monthoff the drug, PCR was 0.03; at 11 weeks it was 2.06 - lost CCyR? Have returned to 50 mg Sprycel for 3 weeks, intending to reduce to 20 mg going forward.

#16 rct

rct

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:14 AM

Oh, Scuba, don't stop posting - your journey is fascinating, and the fact that your doctor is Dr. Cortes is very significant for us. I agree with the other posters that we all gain from everybody's experiences. 

I do want to put in a word here for the ones having really serious troubles - I don't believe anybody from that cohort criticized the rest for "gloating" - I think they just wanted to let people know how it felt to be in their shoes, and I'm very glad they did.  Nobody wants to hurt anyone, even if inadvertantly.  And all of us need each other's info and support.  I do remember that the only place where I got enough information to really cheer me up was right here at this forum, and a great part of that was peoples' success stories.  Just remember how hard it is to feel inspired by others' success - even though your rational side says be happy for them - when that door seems truly closed and you're maybe on your 4th TKI and physically suffering.  OK, enough preaching!

Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see a couple folks take it as they being "gloating".  Some pretty basic reading of it shows more than a couple people explaining why it is some people don't really come here, which was part of the another CML forum thing.  I don't understand how people get all that out of the facts, but there it is.

Keep up the good stuff Michael.

rct

#17 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

You should keep posting.  Your journey is your own and you have noted several times it is a journey made with your oncologist's knowledge and support.  Not everyone is going to be able to stop these TKI's, at least for now, and there are many who struggle with the TKI's side effects.  Your entire journey gives people hope for the future from dropping to low dose options or one day be treatment free.

What ever happens in the future we all want to know what is going on and how you are doing.  Congrats on the decision to continue to stay off the TKI.  We walk this journey one day at a time and every day without a TKI is blessing.

Pam

#18 Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:03 PM

Congratulations Scuba! I enjoy reading your posts, and have gotten so much positive energy from them. Your story, like you, is unique.  Never stop being yourself, and continue to post.  Those who don't like it can just choose not to read it.  Write on!!

All the best to you.  

Lisa

Dx 2/2015 BCR-ABL1 (p210) 85.2% (IS) 3/15

22%  5/15     0.13% 6/15   PCRU attained 9/15

Initial dose Sprycel 100 mg 3/15  Lowered 80 mg 5/15   Lowered 50 mg 1/16

Note: dose lowered bc of side effects - not bc onc wanted to reduce dosage

Sprycel: Currently 50 mg per day - taken 10 pm

#19 Pin

Pin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

Scuba, thank you for posting updates about your experience through this - it gives me so much, from information from such a knowledgeable and prominent specialist in the CML field (which I simply would not have access to otherwise), to inspiration and hope for our shared future with this disease.

I understand how difficult reading about other's positive journeys can be when you are struggling, and we have all endured this at one point or another, and for some of us it is a constant battle all the way through. All of our journeys are important, we are all together in this.

Pin xx.

Diagnosed 9 June 2011, Glivec 400mg June 2011-July 2017, Tasigna 600mg July 2017-present (switched due to intolerable side effects, and desire for future cessation attempt).

Commenced monthly testing when MR4.0 lost during 2012.

2017: <0.01, <0.01, 0.005 (200mg Glivec, Adelaide) <0.01, 0.001 (new test sensitivity)

2016: <0.01, <0.01, PCRU, 0.002 (Adelaide)

2015: <0.01, <0.01, <0.01, 0.013

2014: PCRU, <0.01, <0.01, <0.01, <0.01

2013: 0.01, 0.014, 0.016, 0.026, 0.041, <0.01, <0.01 

2012: <0.01, <0.01, 0.013, 0.032, 0.021

2011: 38.00, 12.00, 0.14

#20 Gail's

Gail's

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:04 AM

I appreciate the posts from you Scuba. Encouraging to see there may be some light at the end of the TKI side effect tunnel. And to mike, thank you for participating in the trial and I'm hoping you'll succeed.
Diagnosed 1/15/15
FISH 92%
BMB 9:22 translocation
1/19/15 began 400 mg gleevec
1/22/15 bcr 37.2 IS
2/6/15 bcr 12.5 IS
3/26/15 bcr 10.3 IS
6/29/15 bcr 7.5 IS
9/24/15 bcr 0.8 IS
1/4/16 bcr 0.3 IS
Started 100 mg dasatinib, mutation analysis negative
4/20/16 bcr 0.03 IS
8/8/16 bcr 0.007 IS
12/6/16 bcr 0.002 IS
Lowered dasatinib to 70 mg
4/10/17 bcr 0.001 IS
Lowered dasatinib to 50 mg
7/5/17 bcr 0.004 IS
8/10/17 bcr 0.001. Stopped TKI in prep for September surgery.
9/10/17 bcr 0.006
10/10/17 bcr 0.088

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users