Photo

Has anyone started on low dose of Sprycel?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:03 AM

Hi Deb, all this stuff will make you crazy. If you have shortness of breath you need a chest x-ray. 3 years ago I had shortness of breath but I blamed it on my nerves ( it was a stressful time for me) I put up with it for 3 months and finally ended up in the er I had fluid in my right lung. I blame everything on my nerves sometimes I get in trouble for doing that. It's really hard to decide if a problem is cml related or old age related, my mom didn't warn me.                   Billie

#22 DebDoodah22

DebDoodah22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

Thank you Billie ...guess I will take some time this morning and see if the Radiology folks can work me in...
it is really hard sometimes...AND I don't want to be taken off Sprycel...
I think it works well, but I just feel like I need the lower dose...we'll see.

#23 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:10 PM

Deb I was off Sprycel for 6 weeks then restarted at 50mg for about a year then reduced to 20mg and I've been on that dose for 3 years now. I didn't want to go off Sprycel either and my onc knows that, so now if I feel shortness of breath I get a chest x-ray and sometimes I have to take a 2 week break but most of the time if I remember to take my water pills I do okay plus I take 2 different kinds of bp meds and I think they might have a diuretic in them. A pe is not anything to ignore.  Take care Billie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users