• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yougotafriend

Yougotafriend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:21 PM

Diagnosed in June of last year everything's been doing fine but my last PCR test went up a little bit.
PCR log
Started Gleevec 6/05/14

UMC PCR Log
Aug 2014 .8
Sep 2014. .3
Nov. 2014. .1
Feb. 2015. .05
May. 2015. .01
Aug. 2015. .1
Nurse didn't seemed to be worried with it said it was still good appreciate any comments. Hoping it's just a temporary glitch. Print out from lab results said anything within 0.5 log should be considered the same.
Thanks in advance for any comments on this :)
Oh I forgot to mention I did start probiotics two months ago could that have any effect on the absorption of the Gleevec ?

#2 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:19 AM

Diagnosed in June of last year everything's been doing fine but my last PCR test went up a little bit.
PCR log
Started Gleevec 6/05/14

UMC PCR Log
Aug 2014 .8
Sep 2014. .3
Nov. 2014. .1
Feb. 2015. .05
May. 2015. .01
Aug. 2015. .1
Nurse didn't seemed to be worried with it said it was still good appreciate any comments. Hoping it's just a temporary glitch. Print out from lab results said anything within 0.5 log should be considered the same.
Thanks in advance for any comments on this :)
Oh I forgot to mention I did start probiotics two months ago could that have any effect on the absorption of the Gleevec ?

It's a one log jump up. It could be a lab error (misplaced the decimal point) in entering the result to your records or real. It is very reasonable for you to request a re-test to verify the result. I would not wait 3 months for the next test. The whole purpose of regular testing is to catch a "significant" trend change. A one log change is significant.

If you are losing response to Gleevec, you want to catch it now so you can act (change drugs). There is a good chance you are in the "noise" of the test and this blip is artificial. It can happen. Nothing to worry about right now, just be vigilant and get re-tested. If the increase is confirmed you may want to discuss with your doctor a change in your treatment plan. If you both decide to wait and re-test again - wait only a month and test again - not 3 months.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#3 Yougotafriend

Yougotafriend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:47 AM

OK thanks a lot! Will contact my doc today!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users