3 replies to this topic

#1 tiredblood

tiredblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

I have graduated with a new degree and am seeking new employment.  Since I've gotten good advice on this site before, I thought I'd ask for suggestions from those in the know.  I need hair help for job interview purposes.  It reminds me of soft combed out steel wool.  I swear, I think it is water-resistant.  Of course I've tried several things, but nothing seems to last more than maybe five minutes. 

Some times little kids reach out and touch it and laugh, which brings me joy that they entertained by my hair. I'm sure it embarrasses their parents, but I laugh right along with the kids. : )

Anybody found anything that works exceptionally well on dry fuzzy chemo hair?

#2 Frogiegirl

Frogiegirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:07 PM

I've tried everything. ...finally found v05 hair and skin oil, works great! It's in a small spray bottle and is 5 bucks! Just don't over use....little goes along way!

Attached Files

Diagnosed Oct 2013 Started 600mg of Tasigna  on Nov 4th. Lowered dose a few months later to 300mg due to side affects stayed here declining PCR until March 2015 small jump from 0.0072 to 0.0083 scarred my doc into full dose of Tasigna again 600mg(been miserable since) but reached PCRU 06/15/2015(next test) and have been there ever since. Hoping to have another little one. I have the support of my doc to go off anytime, just scared to jump. might go two years PCRU but he said it wont make much of a difference. I just figured I could possibly go into a trial while preggers if I got the two years behind me.

Nov 8th 2017 went off Tasigna

Dec 1st PCRU off TKI

Jan 5th PCR Detected .0625

Feb 1st PCR Detected .7815

Added 8-6 grams Curcumin daily in Feb

March 3rd PCR Detected 3.2646 YIKES!

stopped trying for baby after February reading. will start new TKI march 16th 2017 (Sprycel)

FYI I'm not done trying for my last little one.

#3 tiredblood

tiredblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:15 PM

Thanks Frogiegirl, I'll try it.

#4 lanadal

lanadal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

Frogiegirl, I also have been using the VO5 spray in desperation! Funny that we independently found it.  My hair got curly with Gleevec. Sort of "fuzzy, frizzy" curly. I have been unable to find a hairdresser that is also a magician! The Hydroxyurea, Gleevec, and of course aging have all made my previously too thick hair increasingly thin.  Sigh!

My facts: 

Diagnosed 2003 and have taken Gleevec 400 mg until recently. I am now taking 200 mg and will go have PCR testing every three months to see if all stays relatively stable. Have bounced between PCRU, PCR "weak positive", and .005 ever since.  Had a brief rise in PCR in 2005 for which I added Interferon (Yuck!) for 6 months which sent me back to previous levels and left me with neuropathy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users