27 replies to this topic

#21 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:08 PM

Wearing a wide-brimmed hat and having a long sleeved light nylon shirt makes outdoor activities work for me.  I carry a Wallaroo hat (made in Boulder, CO) with me everywhere.  They crush up to almost nothing, so you can jam them in a bag or purse.  Unsquashed, they are really cute.  I actually bought 2 extras after I found my first one, because I love it so much and I wanted to be sure that I have some a zillion years from now if the company ever goes under.  I also especially love the company because it is built by women, and some of their proceeds go to cancer foundations.

https://www.wallaroohats.com/

#22 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:49 PM

Marnie, I'm going to order two. Looks like they'll be good for bad hair days also.

#23 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:00 PM

SPFstore.com has some on sale for $15.00.  I got the Nantucket, which I  think has been discontinued.  Good thing I bought some extras.  I gave one to my mom, so I only have 2 of them now.  Because they are made of poly ribbon, you can just throw them in the washing machine.  I took one motorcycle touring for a couple of years and it got pretty dirty.  I was bummed out, but then I threw it in the washing machine and it's as good as new.  Love it.

m

#24 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:02 PM

Sierra Trading Post has them for $19.95

http://www.sierratra...-women~p~4982f/

#25 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:13 PM

Yeah no more bad hair days ever I love the bright colored ones I hope the bees don't.

#26 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:19 PM

these are awesome! 

#27 Dona_B

Dona_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

Kat73, I can so identify, especially the last 16 lines of your post. I have always felt like family gatherings help build a solid foundation for the new generations. However, I am caught between wanting to give my 'grands' what I think they need and deserve, and wanting to just be left alone. I don't enjoy gatherings of any sort anymore, but feel it's my duty to not only attend, but most of the time, to host them. Tazdad08, I agree. I'm thankful for my life, and the good health I have in most other aspects. Believe it or not, I don't want to be seen as different, but I am. I just wish people would respect my limitations. It just increases my frustration when they cause me to have to repeat myself over and over as if they'd never heard it before. Of all the struggles we face dealing with a chronic disease, this one just shouldn't even be anywhere on this list. 

It's all about memories and adjustments.. Grocery deli food, frozen convenience, carry-out---it's all better than nothing. My in-laws were bedfast for the last few years of their lives. (It took a crew to accomplish that.) At the time it was a little weird to have a houseful getting whatever they wanted whenever they wanted but it worked. Who knows maybe those experiences will lead to a career in health care.

DX 1/14; Sprycel 100 Mg, liver toxicity; Sprycel 80 Mg; down to 50 Mg for 5 months. Numbers going up. Back to 80 Mg 10/16 (with 50s slipped in to use up) BCR/ABL: .0047 12/15; .0302 4/16;  .0528 8/16;  .084 10/16; .045, 1/17 back up on 80 mg Sprycel; .006, 3/17; .016, 7/17; Shingles 8/17

#28 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:06 AM

Pam,

We're going to buy some hats and prance around like southern belles. (well maybe hobble) but we'll be moving.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users