• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pollypocketz

pollypocketz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:40 PM

Hi guys- newbie here. Husband diagnosed with cml in dec 2014. Been on sprycel since Jan 2015, had 3 month bmb last week, all results normal. I forgot to ask his oncologist if it is ok for him to take unisom at night. He's been having trouble sleeping as of late and I can't seem to find any info online. Antone have any thoughts? Appreciate any answers. Love to all of our cml family!

#2 chriskuo

chriskuo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:25 AM

You should talk with your doctors about getting a prescription sleeping aid.  They can find something that has the least side effects in conjunction with the TKI.

#3 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:51 AM

One thing he can use in the meantime is benedryl. No problems there with Sprycel.

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:29 PM

Unisom is just an antihistimine called diphenhydramine, same as Benedryl. So it is OK to use with TKI drugs.  But you could save money using a generic benedryl diphenhyrdamine antihistimine.

http://www.drugs.com/cdi/unisom.html

http://www.medicinen...ine/article.htm

#5 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:17 PM

I have taken Ambien on and off with Sprycel for a few years.  I have difficulty sleeping and OTC meds do not work for me.  Hopefully you can find an OTC that works for your husband.  Good luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users