• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Debby

Debby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

My LDH level was 410 this month.  Sent for an ultrasound which showed fatty liver infiltration.  Doctor said she didn't know if there was a relationship between the two.  Does anyone have any knowledge on this subject?

#2 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

I have had fatty liver for years.  I would have to really think but at least 10.  I have had CML for 3+.  Most times it is diet and weight.  I told the doctor is was because I had a fat ass.  He did not disagree.  :D

I do not know if there is a correlation, but for me it was there long before the CML.

#3 mlk210

mlk210

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

I had one before CML too, about 10 years ago. My numbers were border line high when I first got diagnosed. I stopped eating red meat and starting exercising more. 3 months on Sprycel and my levels dropped. Then I started slacking so I'm afraid they've climbed again. I'll find out in a couple weeks.

7/2014 Diagnosed,8/14 Started 100mg Sprycel, 9/14 Thyroidectomy (thyroid cancer)

8/2015 Undetectable, 12/15 Plural Effusion (3 wk drug break)

1/2016 Started 70mg Sprycel, 3/16 Plural Effusion (4 wk drug break)

3/16 .014 after a wk w/o meds

4/16 Started 400mg Gleevec

4/16 Undetectable, 7/16 Undetectable, 10/16 Undetectable, 2/17 Undetectable, 5/17 Undetectable, 8/17 Undetectable

#4 Debby

Debby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

mlk210 - Please post what the doctor says about this when you meet with him/her - if you don't mind.

#5 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:46 PM

Debby,

Do you have CML, and what drug(s) do you take?

What do your other liver function tests show?

http://metabolicheal...liver-function/

#6 Debby

Debby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

Trey,

I have CML and take Gleevec.  Diagnosed 5 years ago and BCR ABL outcomes are excellent.  Other liver function tests are all within normal range.  Thanks for any information you can share.

Debby

#7 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:28 PM

LDH is not specific to the liver.  It is a general tissue "injury indicator" which could be anything from a muscle pull to anemia or heart issues.  Since your other liver function tests seem to be fine, I would not automatically assume the LDH is related to the liver.  Your LDH is not quite double normal, which is not overly concerning but does require monitoring.

The ultrasound shows that the liver is more dense, but cannot see if it is related to fat build-up.  The assumption would usually be that it is fat build-up, but it can also be from the TKI drug in some instances, or other issues such as infection. 

http://www.everettcl...ter/fatty-liver

Overall it just seems the tests are inconclusive, and if it is related to the TKI drug it is usually reversible.  A drug break for a couple weeks might be an option, but it would not seem necessary at this point.  Also, do not ignore the other possibilities which include some types of infection which could be ongoing. 

#8 snowbear

snowbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:19 PM

I had high (and climbing) LDH levels before diagnosis.  It got over 800 between the time of my initial Hema/Onc consult and BMB so doc ordered a fragmented LDH to help determine which tissue it was coming from.   Those results indicated lungs and liver.  My Hema/Onc insists that my leg pain and shortness of breath were not from CML because my initial PCR was only 22.5% , but those symptoms have all improved since starting Gleevec and my LDH has come down to just over 200.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users