• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 annmarieparisi

annmarieparisi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:41 PM

Thank you Trey again.  All of this information has been very valuable.  I will be going tomorrow with my list of questions.  Even the one asking about the probability of success because I want to be prepared.  I will let you all know how it goes.  Also thank you Debdoodah for your input and your kind thoughts and prayers. 

#22 annmarieparisi

annmarieparisi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:59 PM

Hello Everyone! Thank you for all of the information and well wishes.  We saw the onc last Thursday.  I was armed with Trey's questions and some of my own.  His latest BMB showed no sign of leukemia in the sample of 200 cells that they looked at.  The onc said that if they refined that search and looked deeper there would be some leukemia cells hiding out.  For that reason he will be starting maintenance chemo tomorrow.  He will be receiving a three hour infusion in the morning at the clinic and then a visiting nurse will be stopping at our house to hook him up to another infusion at night.  I will then be unhooking him and flushing his line.  (I am not thrilled haha!) this will be given to him every other day for three sessions with the last one being on Saturday.  Then his numbers will drop and he will be needing all of the same type of support as last time, platelets, blood, fluids etc.  If he develops a fever (which I am told to expect) he will need to have a stay in the hospital.  This will happen every six weeks until they find a match for him.  I will keep everyone posted.  Thanks again! :)

#23 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

annmarieparisi,

Thank you for the update, I've been thinking about you and your husband recently and wondering how you were both doing. You'll become a pro at flushing his line in no time, I'm sure! Hopefully, a match will be found soon. 

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users