7 replies to this topic

#1 Jerry.s

Jerry.s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

Does anyone else get a burning sensation in the throat after taking Gleevec ? I have had a a lingering pain that comes and goes on the left side under my rib cage next to my diaphragm . I get scoped on the 31st so maybe they will have the answers .

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

Maybe two different things.  Throat buring can be acid reflux, but I doubt the lingering pain is either throat or stomach since it is pretty far south.  And a scope will probably not reach far enough. 

Ask your Doc about pancreatitis.

http://www.mayoclini...ms/con-20028421

#3 Jerry.s

Jerry.s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

It's more a discomfort than a pain , they did a cbc would that find it ? I don't have alotnofntbe other symptom other than it more discomfort after I eat and I been very gassy

#4 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

Jerry, What is alotnofnbe?  I get gas galore, I'm thinking about changing my name to Gloria Gas.

#5 Jerry.s

Jerry.s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:33 PM

All the other " sorry

#6 Jerry.s

Jerry.s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

Do you have pain as well it goes away after some relief by one end or other

#7 Jerry.s

Jerry.s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:27 AM

Maybe two different things.  Throat buring can be acid reflux, but I doubt the lingering pain is either throat or stomach since it is pretty far south.  And a scope will probably not reach far enough. 

Ask your Doc about pancreatitis.

http://www.mayoclini...ms/con-20028421

isnt the Pancreas on the other side?

#8 August1

August1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

Hi, I had both on Gleevac.

As Trey mentioned you may be getting acid reflux which can cause the burning sensation. I would ask your oncologist about possibly prescribing something for that. Make sure that it doesn't counteract the Gleevac. It may also be good to take the Gleevac during the day so you are not sleeping when the acid occurs.

I also have nagging "pains" in my left side under my ribs. I've seen a GI doc and he did both upper endoscopy and colonoscopy. You can also request that he do a sonogram of the pancreas during the endoscopy as regular sonograms have a hard time viewing it. For me it was ultimately just basic "GI issues" of mild swelling and gastritis related to taking the drugs. Not cause for major concern. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users