My latest PCR result is in:
After 30 days of not taking any Sprycel - my PCR test came back today the same as the last two tests - undetected!
I can't begin to describe how I feel. After almost five years with this disease and assorted problems - failing Gleevec - developing myelosuppression so severe I was put on emergency infection alert, I have achieved a remarkable milestone: PCRU without any TKI.
My red blood cells are coming back (inching upward toward normal) and I feel great.
For what it is worth - this is my regimen:
1. Take enough vitamin D3 to get my blood level over 60 ng/ml - goal is 70 ng/ml. (currently at 15,000 I.U.'s).
2. 8 grams Curcumin C3 per day.
3. 300 mcg vitamin k2 per day
4. 1000 mg vitamin C per day.
5. lots of wine ... per day (except during Lent).
6. Debating with Trey - per day.
I suspect that getting my vitamin D level up is what did it and pushed CML out of the way. The Sprycel was needed to eliminate the majority CML population and buy time while my immune system was restored. That is my working hypothesis.
I have no delusions. I will continue my test without Sprycel for another 30 days and then take a PCR test again. If that test shows the same result - I am going to find a Chateau Margeaux and drink it. For now - I am drug free. And I just may be .... CML - free!