10 replies to this topic

#1 Jerry.s

Jerry.s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

I can poke fun of myself now that's it's been a few months since DX. After sitting In the ER and I was told that most likely I had CML and it was caused by a mutation . I didn't say much after I was told, maybe because was in shoke I thought I was going to die but I also had thought about becoming a super hero with mutant powers !!
Here is a list of my powers
I don't stress at work any more
I am more appreciative about life family , nature and God
I have super acid reflux powers
I can't trust a fart ! Becuase my farts also have mutant power(sharts )

If you have super powers please list them on the post !

#2 chrissy778

chrissy778

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTroy, New York

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:30 PM

Thank you Jerry, I too have super powers. Number one, I also am more appreciative of my friends and family, nature and God. That is a huge one for me and I love it. I have more compassion and notice many more meaningful and beautiful things.  Number two, I found my voice. I am capable of telling people what I think and tend to do so. I never would of done that before but its actually nice not to bite my tong. Don't get me wrong I am not going around being a ass, I just don't sit quietly when someone is being rude or making negative comments about me or someone I care about. Number three, I don't stress about things I can not change. ( as much) And Super Power number four, I can burp louder then any man ever. I should also say I recently learned from this site my urine is also like a mans LOL ~ Just a note, I too was sent to the ER after my routine blood test, so they could tell me I had leukemia. Uggh could the situation seem any more dramatic. It took me a lot longer to get over the shock then a few months. Maybe a little over a year, but I am getting stronger now and am learning from it. Ok so that would be Super Power number 5 :)

Its never to late to live happily ever after/ Do not squander time; for that's the stuff life is made of

#3 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

I have been known to grow a horn on occasion.

#4 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:32 AM

I have been known to grow a horn on occasion.

And I seem to have developed the superhuman power to resist replying to that one in a way that would get me banned from the forum...

#5 chrissy778

chrissy778

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTroy, New York

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:53 AM

Oh come on Phil, you know you get a warning first. lol

Its never to late to live happily ever after/ Do not squander time; for that's the stuff life is made of

#6 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:11 AM

I think, Phil, at the very most it would get you a warning which appear not to exist on this board. Be brave, be the first!   :D

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#7 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

Pam, How you gonna talk your way out of that one :D .

Hang in there Phil we'll help you somehow someway..........

Pam!         You MUST keep the crown!!!!!!

#8 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

And I seem to have developed the superhuman power to resist replying to that one in a way that would get me banned from the forum...

:ph34r: :D

#9 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:19 PM

PhilB - Use your inside voice.

Chrissy - I, too, have acquired the burping superpower.  My husband was amazed.  And I was pretty impressed with myself, too.

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#10 kueljuel

kueljuel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDFW,Texas

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:52 AM

My boys seem to think I am a super_b, and by that I mean I also grow horn(s) and fangs.sometimes my head spins around and green bile spews out. Ok well maybe just after i have taken my meds on empty stomach. :wacko:

#11 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

That sounds about right (but it's going to get better) those cancer cells are fighting a losing battle!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users