Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:08 PM

"Ahh.... leave it to Trey to lead the folks down the enema trail."

The enema trail is easily followed.  Just sayin'  Follow the yellowed brick road.  (Munchkins heard singing in the background).

The truth is, cell aging is poorly understood.  The theory is that cell telemere shortening (Billie: NOT used in baking), which fancy-pants people call senescence, is due to cells having a limited number of allowed cell divisions.  After they divide a certain number of times, they can no longer reproduce.  They essentially use up their quota and usually self-destruct.  This is where I derived my theory that maybe we can simply outlive CML because the leukemic stem cells divide faster than normal stem cells, and so could divide themselves into oblivion if we can live long enough (by using TKI drugs), and therefore TKI drugs could be curative over a long period of time in a round-about way.  In the old days patients could not live long enough to divide the leukemic cells into oblivion.  But that is just a theory I invented and espoused years ago, and may be just bovine shartations.

Speaking of bovine sharts, if we were to kill off all our old fart cells we would presumably unravel certain tissues which are high in such cells, including cartilage.  This may possibly explain why TKI drugs cause us to have cartilage injuries more easily, but I don't know.  Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to discuss sharts, enemas, and the aboral thingy, which is always a fun word to use (again I am appreciative to Tedsey for bringing that word to the forefront.)

So I can just use plain old Crisco.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users