Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:56 PM

My furnace died Friday Night

My washing machine broke about 3 weeks ago.

Can't get the washer fixed until the water in the hoses thaws.

Furnace man took my old furnace out today

Furnace man said some pipes weren't hooked up right he'll fix them tomorrow, No hot water!!!!

Ron found some wood outside but it's frozen solid.

Cannot go to laundromat in zero degree weather ice everywhere

Ron is not feeling well again

At least there wasn't anything dead behind the old furnace

I ordered a hand held game tetris it arrived Friday, it doesn't work.

So how was your weekend?                                                                                          BILLIE

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:55 AM

Cheer up. Billie, warmer weather headed your way!

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

Poor Billie!

I'm afraid I can't compete with that list, although our dishwasher did expire on Sunday morning and flooded the kitchen in it's death throes.  Spring will be here soon.

#4 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:44 PM

Billie, what is it with washing machines?  Mine stopped working, we rigged it and it worked somewhat, now you can only wash mini loads of clothes or the  motor freezes up.  I am considering throwing it out in the snow/ice, the last few days have melted enough snow to make a lovely coating of ice two or more inches thick. 

Last Friday I had to rig a 2 gallon bucket INSIDE my front picture window because it was running enough water to empty ever few hours.  When you drive by you can see my nice black bucket in the window.  Today it is running a pencil sized stream of water inside the window again. 

Bob got up on the roof and removed what snow and ice he could but it must be coming in from another angle.  I always wanted an indoor fountain but not quite like this one. 

I am sorry Ron isn't feeling good again.  Positive thoughts to him and you.

My weekend wasn't great, but it was my fault.  I didn't do much and it doesn't look like the week is going to get any better.

Misery loves company, we should be closer neighbors.

#5 Melanie

Melanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

Billie, after all the times your posts have made me laugh and lifted my spirits, I wish I could be as witty and funny and return the favor. Unfortunately I wasn't gifted with such talent, but know I'm thinking of you and praying life gets better. Wish I could box up some of our beautiful weather here in Arizona and send it to you and everyone who is dealing with such miserable weather like Pammartin. As a consolation comment though, my dryer went out today...again. 4th time in last 3 months. Luckily my husband can just pick up the part and replace it...again. ;) 

Hope your husband is feeling better!

Dx - 05/2011; PCR: 15.04; Fish: 87% Slow responder due to pancytopenia. Current - Bosulif - Nov: 2012, Mar 2016 lowered to 300 mg. 07/16 back to 400 mg. Clinical trial drug, Promacta, Feb 2013, for low Platelets.
CyCR - Aug 2014, Positive for 1 chromosome Sep 2015. PCR: 12.77 in Oct, 2012 to 0.04 (MDA) in Mar, 2016. 4/2016 - 0.126 (Local lab (IS); 05/2016 - 0.195 (local); 6/2016 - 0.07 (MDA); 7/2016 - 0.03 (local) 9/13/2016 - 0.16 (MDA); 9/26/2016 - 0.31 (MDA); 11/2016 - 0.012 (local); 01/2017 - 0.24 (MDA); 04/2017 - 0.09 (MDA); Cytogenetics show der(1:7)(q10;p10)7 chromosome mutation. Repeat of Sep 2015. PCR - 6/2017- 0.035 (local); 10/2017- 0.02 (MDA)

#6 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

My water supply line that runs under the house has sprung a leak and will cost us an estimated $2,400.  Does that cheer you up, Billie?

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#7 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

Billie, you have some competition.

#8 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:22 AM

It sounds like everybody is jinxed. We definitly need a big housewarming party at Marnies new house. Why does everything break at once, Al I'm not cheered up, so sorry about your water line I worried about ours all winter, normally all our houses can stand bad winters but this year has to have been the worst on record. Pam I guess I can't borrow your washer, my dryer works if anybody wants to use it. PhilB that must have been an awful mess I hope none of your appliances got damaged underneath. My birthday is wednesday and every year I the most intimate gifts, this year a furnace,one year a hot water tank, new pump for the well, one year I got a bass fishing boat and trailer (I don't fish anymore). I guess the best one was the new roof for the house hubby gave the contractor a big deposit to get done in August at a discount.  Who gives money to a contractor who isn't going to do the job for 5 months? UGGH!

Hopefully I'll have my washer fixed tomorrow, I hate to go to the laundromat I live in a small suburb 10 miles west of Erie and they used to have a horse racing track and all the jockeys did their laundry at a small laundromat in town, In the summer we have to watch our wells because they get low if it's really dry so the neighborhood gals used to get together and do our laundry, we'd put the clothes in the washers then go across the street to this little tavern for lunch we'd have a couple glasses of wine at lunchtime go back to the laundromat and finish our clothes go home and put the clothes away. We might have had a little buzz once in a while but we got the job done, after a couple weeks my neighbor called and asked me if I checked my laundry I said no so she told me to check my underware drawer my bras and underware were full of horsehairs. None of us ever noticed horsehair in our clothes when we came home. I had to go through all my familys clothes and pick horsehair out of them. They closed the laundromat!

#9 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:33 AM

Billie, I used to think I was the weird things happen queen. I respctfully bow down to you after passing my crown to your head.. You deserve the crown.

#10 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:54 PM

Billie,

I can hear rap music in my head as I read your post:

My warsh don't go and da' heater don't flame,

The pipes done froze and the ice was to blame,

The heato man said to light some sharts,

But we don't do dat here in d'ese Erie parts,

Ron is down for the mattress count,

And the heat is off in a big flame-out,

The Laundro-mat is a bridge too far,

And I can't even get to my favorite Bar,

My undies are used inside and out,

And I can't get a drink within or without,

PhilB says his disho is a-floodin',

And Anti's pipes have burst into the oven,

So I gotta say dat all these things considered,

I would rather be a warm Floridian lizard.

#11 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:15 PM

Hi Mbrown,

Oh  I would love to be in AZ right now it sure would be nice to open a window for a while. Sorry about your dryer 4 times oh-oh I bet you've called it a lot of bad names by now. If we were neighbors you could use my dryer and I could use your washer and we could "do lunch" I promise you all the horsehairs are gone, so is the racetrack.There's nothing left out here.

#12 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:19 PM

Trey,

U DA MAN!

#13 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:27 PM

The narwahl song has been haunting me. Now I have Trey's rap tune in my head also.

Make it stop! Make it stop!

#14 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

It's haunting me too!

don lie to me look me straight in da eye,

it's in my head and I don no why.

Trey dun put me over da edge

I'm takin a nosedive offa da ledge.

Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen it's been swell.

#15 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

Wait! I wanna jump too!

#16 Gail's

Gail's

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

Sat on the train next to a guy who rapped great songs about the others on the train. Lots of laughs that day and today, Trey!
Diagnosed 1/15/15
FISH 92%
BMB 9:22 translocation
1/19/15 began 400 mg gleevec
1/22/15 bcr 37.2 IS
2/6/15 bcr 12.5 IS
3/26/15 bcr 10.3 IS
6/29/15 bcr 7.5 IS
9/24/15 bcr 0.8 IS
1/4/16 bcr 0.3 IS
Started 100 mg dasatinib, mutation analysis negative
4/20/16 bcr 0.03 IS
8/8/16 bcr 0.007 IS
12/6/16 bcr 0.002 IS
Lowered dasatinib to 70 mg
4/10/17 bcr 0.001 IS
Lowered dasatinib to 50 mg
7/5/17 bcr 0.004 IS
8/10/17 bcr 0.001. Stopped TKI in prep for September surgery.
9/10/17 bcr 0.006
10/10/17 bcr 0.088

#17 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

Pam,

I'm older than you so I have had more time to have these crazy things happen to me , considering you're crazy history I think you better keep your crown I didn't start out with cml and ticks,horns, chasing cars through the parking lot,how long was your stove on your porch I forget. A greyhound at cleveland clinic to greet you etc. etc. You probably passed me up but you can't remember hee hee.

#18 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:47 PM

Billie! I forgot about the greyhound, that visit made my day. The oven sat on the porch, new in box, for 53 weeks, a week past the year mark. Nick & I put it in. I got out the sawzall and cut a perfect hole for the electric cord and gas line in the back of the cabinet. Everything was perfect till we slid it into place only to discover the perfect hole I cut was on the wrong side. The second hole was not nearly as neat as the first one and twice a big. I always measure once and cut twice. Right?

#19 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

That's my girl Pam, I'm proud of you. It's nice to know that someone will follow in my footprints when I'm gone!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users